Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Warning-N78 CLOSED for resurfacing

Options
  • 10-07-2006 4:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19,413 ✭✭✭✭

Just to warn people to avoid (Kilkenny-Athy road), don't know for how long;
    Was heading up to Naas this morn for a meeting and low and behold this road was closed to all traffic for resurfacing (apparently).
    The detours signed are pretty off the beaten track so I advise anyone intending to go via Carlow etc if heading to Kildare.Was kinda worried i'd be late this morn as a result of this as the detour seems to go for ever!
    A monday morning of all days I ask you...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

You will be detoured via Ballyragget, and then over the hills back to Castlecomer. From wednesday/thursday on, the N78 will be open again, but all traffic from Ballyragget will be detoured to Castlecomer/Freshford. Expect back roads clogged with milk trucks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Yep the N77 is closed from wednesday to Friday. Detour is via Freshford.

I shall avoid the whole can of worms by going Johnstown, Freshford to Kilkenny.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

It appears that 3 days was not enough. The N77 is currently closed from 7am to 7pm until Sunday. They must be going the whole way to Durrow at this rate.

Those diversions via Castlecomer for Portlaoise are an absolute nightmare.

On a lighter note that fecker in the quarry truck from Ballyragget is unable to travel this week. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,413 ✭✭✭✭road_high

Bond-007 wrote:
    It appears that 3 days was not enough. The N77 is currently closed from 7am to 7pm until Sunday. They must be going the whole way to Durrow at this rate.

Those diversions via Castlecomer for Portlaoise are an absolute nightmare.

On a lighter note that fecker in the quarry truck from Ballyragget is unable to travel this week. :)

Think it has reopened now 'early', allegedly, they said on AA Roadwatch.
    That road needs a lot more than stupid resurfacing, it needs major realignment.Pity the governemnt are too tight fisted to give a damn though.
    A nice new tarred surface with over the same treacherous bends and humps and hollows is supposed to keep us happy...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

mfitzy wrote:
    Think it has reopened now 'early', allegedly, they said on AA Roadwatch.
    That road needs a lot more than stupid resurfacing, it needs major realignment.Pity the governemnt are too tight fisted to give a damn though.
    A nice new tarred surface with over the same treacherous bends and humps and hollows is supposed to keep us happy...
    Any chance of you running for election then?:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,413 ✭✭✭✭road_high

Just came across this on the thrdo website about the N77. Is a dual carriageway eventually planned for this road.According to this it is;
    http://www.thrdo.com/n77ballyraggetdates.html

P.S. Nightwish I don't think I could cope with the stress of being a TD and not involved actively in politics so I wouldnt have a hope.

Advertisement