Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Allardyce to Sunderland

• 10-07-2006 5:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭

Has anyone heard much about this? The price on Allardyce to take the helm at Sunderland plummeted today. He was odds on on Betfair at one stage, currently trading at about 11/10.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Why the **** would Big Sam leave Bolton to go to Sunderland?

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭William Gates

Well from what I understand he's fallen out with the chairman over lack of funds. He's already shown his willingness to leave Bolton by going for the England job interview. But the main pulling point for him may be the larger salary on offer at Sunderland. Money talk and BS walks after all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Sunderland - Championship
    Bolton - Premiership and Europe

Not a chance in hell

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

Can't see him having much more funds at sunderland regardless of the takeover.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭wardie

I heard he wants out of Bolton too but sunderland would seem a strange choice.

I thought he might go to charlton but Dowie got that.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭shepthedog

Not a hope as previous posters have said.. Why would he go to Sunderland?? There will have minimal funds for transfers and will struggle to get out of the Championship..
    Big Sam has had numerous offers from alot bigger clubs than Sunderland before, eg Newcastle etc etc..
    I wouldnt waste my money even having a crazy bet on it..

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭William Gates

Minimal funds? did u not see who is in the consortium, we're talking multi-millionaires with money to burn.
    shepthedog wrote:
    Not a hope as previous posters have said.. Why would he go to Sunderland?? There will have minimal funds for transfers and will struggle to get out of the Championship..
    Big Sam has had numerous offers from alot bigger clubs than Sunderland before, eg Newcastle etc etc..
    I wouldnt waste my money even having a crazy bet on it..

Advertisement