Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Skatepark etiquette

Options
  • 10-07-2006 5:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,946 ✭✭✭

With Irish skateparks starting to pop up i think it would be a good idea to give the scene a good reputation as it can only grow from here on in. Last night i took my 2 minute drive to bushypark with a friend of mine to check out the progress on the skatepark. As we came up to the building site we spotted 15-20 middle to late aged teenagers skating a section of the bowl. We found our way into the park as i myself have had my doubts on how it will turn out. They were quickly killed as i saw the ramp. Lads, i crap you negative, this ramp will be the best ramp to grace our fair island and it is in without a doubt the best location for it. Im 6 foot on the button, and the shallow end of the ramp comes up to my nipples. The deep end goes another 1/2 my heigth. Its great!

Bushy park has had its doubts as well all know with the running club trying to get the land or what not, and there was a point where the park was not going ahead. Thats well past gone now, and there is no turning back. Bushy is a safe haven for sporting activities and friendly faces. I just hope that the skatepark can keep up that reputation.

As i said, there was a group of skateboarders skating the ramp, and as we came in we heard 'who are these dicks' being mumbled and as we looked over all the faces turned the other way. Everyone that was there including us, was there for the same reason and there should be no problems if other people want to join in on enjoying the progress and excitement of a new park. Some of the stuff that we heard being said, would merrit a smack in the face, regardless of the numbers in the groups, its not on.

I think it would be a good idea for everyone that can read this post to simply just agree that who ever enters that park, be it bmx, rollerblading or skateboarding should be given the same respect when using the ramps. We got the impression when we entered that we wernt welcome. When the group left the park, myself and my mate went off to skate the handrail (around the corner near the waterfall). After a 20 or so minute session we came back to the park and there was a bmxer who was rolling around in the ramp. We got talking to him and he was sound as a pound. He also got the impression that the group that was in the park earlier felt that they owned it.

IMO, all the more respected heads in the irish park scene (bmx, rollerblading, skateboarding, any other sport) should be setting an example for these misled kids who if this lark persists will not leave the park in one piece. The type of people that were in that park were just fueling an arguement, and that type of behaviour is exactly what our scene doesnt need.

We all signed the petition, we all have waited for this chance. Now that its here, lets not ruin it for each other. Maybe im going a bit OTT, but i've been waiting since 95 for this park, skateboarders have been waiting since mid 80s along with the BMX scene. I for one, let alone the chaps i skate with, wont stand for the crap i heard last night, as we have waited alot longer for this to come about than the new kids that are on the scene. And all these kids who wanna skate with all the respected names in skateboarding need to be straightened out one way or another coz it wont be tollerated.

I got really p1ssed off last night, and i saw what could be the start of alot of trouble. Granted we were the older heads in the park, so we just ignored them, but what ever the case may be, this sh1t needs to be nippled at the bud - fast.

Am i on my own here? Or do you agree?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 150 ✭✭f

red_ice wrote:
    With Irish skateparks starting to pop up i think it would be a good idea to give the scene a good reputation as it can only grow from here on in. Last night i took my 2 minute drive to bushypark with a friend of mine to check out the progress on the skatepark. As we came up to the building site we spotted 15-20 middle to late aged teenagers skating a section of the bowl. We found our way into the park as i myself have had my doubts on how it will turn out. They were quickly killed as i saw the ramp. Lads, i crap you negative, this ramp will be the best ramp to grace our fair island and it is in without a doubt the best location for it. Im 6 foot on the button, and the shallow end of the ramp comes up to my nipples. The deep end goes another 1/2 my heigth. Its great!

Bushy park has had its doubts as well all know with the running club trying to get the land or what not, and there was a point where the park was not going ahead. Thats well past gone now, and there is no turning back. Bushy is a safe haven for sporting activities and friendly faces. I just hope that the skatepark can keep up that reputation.

As i said, there was a group of skateboarders skating the ramp, and as we came in we heard 'who are these dicks' being mumbled and as we looked over all the faces turned the other way. Everyone that was there including us, was there for the same reason and there should be no problems if other people want to join in on enjoying the progress and excitement of a new park. Some of the stuff that we heard being said, would merrit a smack in the face, regardless of the numbers in the groups, its not on.

I think it would be a good idea for everyone that can read this post to simply just agree that who ever enters that park, be it bmx, rollerblading or skateboarding should be given the same respect when using the ramps. We got the impression when we entered that we wernt welcome. When the group left the park, myself and my mate went off to skate the handrail (around the corner near the waterfall). After a 20 or so minute session we came back to the park and there was a bmxer who was rolling around in the ramp. We got talking to him and he was sound as a pound. He also got the impression that the group that was in the park earlier felt that they owned it.

IMO, all the more respected heads in the irish park scene (bmx, rollerblading, skateboarding, any other sport) should be setting an example for these misled kids who if this lark persists will not leave the park in one piece. The type of people that were in that park were just fueling an arguement, and that type of behaviour is exactly what our scene doesnt need.

We all signed the petition, we all have waited for this chance. Now that its here, lets not ruin it for each other. Maybe im going a bit OTT, but i've been waiting since 95 for this park, skateboarders have been waiting since mid 80s along with the BMX scene. I for one, let alone the chaps i skate with, wont stand for the crap i heard last night, as we have waited alot longer for this to come about than the new kids that are on the scene. And all these kids who wanna skate with all the respected names in skateboarding need to be straightened out one way or another coz it wont be tollerated.

I got really p1ssed off last night, and i saw what could be the start of alot of trouble. Granted we were the older heads in the park, so we just ignored them, but what ever the case may be, this sh1t needs to be nippled at the bud - fast.

Am i on my own here? Or do you agree?

agreed, these skaters just seem like assholes

• Registered Users Posts: 4,946 ✭✭✭red_ice

im just back from the park again, and the little muppets there were there last night were sessioning the small bowl again. 3 or four of them were walkin around the base of the deep end that had wet cement laid on the fukin wet cement to which it would have been very possible to ruin the smoothness of the ramp.

These kids need a slap.

are they any good, out just muppets.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭skate4evr

yeah man i agree, like its our park to share and not to be an asshole about doing it neither

• Registered Users Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭68 lost souls

Prob a binch of kods who saw a video with a "local only" spot and thought it was cool to have one and want one of there own. I live just around the corner from bushy and I want to see everyone use it. If we all embrace each other in the park we can all have fun using it, we can pick up some stuff from each other, and make some good mates.

And the fact that they were walking in the cement only dds to a reason why people like that themselves should be shunned by the community and banned from the park, if they really cant wait to skate that much that they have to hop the fence and skate the small bowl then why delay construction by walking on the wet cement?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 785 ✭✭✭segasega

The biggest agrument against this park was that the locals didn't want certain types of people hanging around the area, yes they were sterotyping skaters,bmxers and bladers but this is the sort of idiots that are going into the park to skate it and ride it before its open. For sure they should be banned from the park from now on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭shagman

Red Ice maybe try to explain to these kids that by breaking in and skating the park they are jeopardising the future of the park.The local residents will jump on any excuse to cause more problems. If a hole in the fence is created and scumbags break in to drink or tag the place then the skatepark will come under another barrage of abuse from NIMBY locals. And instead of sessioning yourself maybe seal up the hole in the fence. I know it's hard not to have a roll when you see a park in front of you but it's not worth the risk to the parks future. And if you catch anyone trying to mess with the wet concrete slap them across the back of the head with a semi defrosted haddock........if you have one handy.

shagman wrote:
    Red Ice maybe try to explain to these kids

If shagman = shaggy, then im sure you know the type of skateboarder im talking about. I went down there again last night to check it out, and within 2 minutes of us showing up there there came along another 10-15 skateboarders. I told them 'lads, the chap knows the situation, dont go in, coz the surface is not dry and you could prolong the deadline'. I got 2 of the faces looking over, the rest ignored me completely, waited 2 minutes for us to back away, then broke another entrance to the fence and started skating the bowl.

The bottom line is, all the sh1t that skateboarders come up with, from being on their high horse over the 80s-90s has carried on to now. Only a few heads are sound enough to talk to. One chap in particular who all of us lable 'wu-tang' coz hes 30 and was covered from head to toe in wutang cloths, makes a point of starting fights with 17 year old rollerbladers. Pointing/laughing out loud at kids when they seriously hurt themselves. These are the chaps that need to be straightened out.

I've tried being nice, but theres only so much that a chap can do before stuff starts getting agressive. Theres no call for ignoring people because they dont have a skateboard under their feet. I would look at that the same way i look at racism, and its shocking that such a multicultural sport such as skateboarding has such a hate for a sport that is so close nit to it.

The bottom line is shaggy, How can i set an example for people who dont care once they can do their thing? I dont recall saying i was sessioning the park ;p i went down for a look about, and a walk inside the ramp. Theres a nice handrail around the corner that goes on for a while, myself and my mate skate that coz we know we cant get kicked off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭skate4evr

is that the handrail at the really big stair set that goes all the way down to the pond?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭shagman

Fair play for trying to get them to cop on anyway.Sorry I got the impression that you were blading in the park from your first post. re-read..Ah!! Twas the biker riding it not you.
    The rollerblade vs skater thing is a whole different subject.Good luck with sorting that one out!!

• Advertisement

shagman wrote:
    Fair play for trying to get them to cop on anyway.Sorry I got the impression that you were blading in the park from your first post. re-read..Ah!! Twas the biker riding it not you.
    The rollerblade vs skater thing is a whole different subject.Good luck with sorting that one out!!

Nah, there were 2 rollerbladers there too, but they werent really skating it, they just sat there with their skates on on the edge of the park. I would be tellin fibs if i said i didnt try my hand at teh small bowl(concrete is well set on that), i just never mentioned i skated it ;p Sorry i was giving the impression that it was only skateboarders that were skating it, when all 3 are to blame, its just the more annoying people to get through to happen to have a lump of wood under their feet.

as for the whole skateboarder v rollerblader thing, its not up to us to sort out - we didnt start it. It came from skateboarders being there longer, and not wanting us around. We, like bmxers have forged our way into the scene over the last decade or so, but there is still a bitter vibe. I myself dont rise to anything, i used to, but not anymore. I just take note of whos sound, and if we run into each other on a ramp, it will be the difference between me helping you up and probably getting you your board, or me turning my back while you lie on the ground and your board goes off up the ramp while i skate off.
    skate4evr wrote:
    is that the handrail at the really big stair set that goes all the way down to the pond?

yer, thats the one, needs a touch of wax ;e Its been a few years since we skated it, its good fun once it gets movin!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭Beks

There's no room to be nice to little dickheads like this. The holes need to be patched up and the guards need to be called on anyone breaking and entering. OK I've done this kind of thing before, I've broken into a park before when its been closed... but this is different.

a) It's not finished yet, they could ruin and or slow up construction progress.

b) They could get hurt as well.

And the most important reason:

c) We've campaigned a lot for this. We got petitions together and we attended many meetings with the council and designers. And even though the residents caused trouble the council managed to convince them that the park would not do any harm, it would be closed at night and it would be monitored so there was as little trouble as possible and no noise when they would be home in the evenings. If the locals see people skating it they can document the whole thing and make an official complaint and it could even get to the stage where the whole thing won't be allowed to go ahead. These little pricks who think they own the place don't even deserve to own a ****ing board. They are jeapordising it for everyone and don't care that some people have worked SO hard to get this park and have put so much effort into convincing the locals to let the park be created there.

This really annoys me. And especially the attitude described above, regarding hostility towards other people using the park. These kids better get used to it cos there's going to be hundreds of people using that park. Nobody can act like they own it, and if any little **** ever says anything to me when I ride it they're gonna get a fist straight to the middle of their face.

We've worked damn hard to get this park. I bet these little kids did shag all to help. If I see anyone in there then I won't hesitate in calling the guards. I'm not some kill-joy or anything, I ride things that aren't meant to be ridden every single day of my life and I've had my fair share of problems with the guards and security... but this kind of thing is just not on.

I totally agree with you beks. We are going slightly off the topic at the moment tho, its not about pointing the finger at people for skating/riding a ramp. Ill be straight here, I see no real problem in those kids having a skate on the parts that are done, dusted and can handle it. Its only natural to want to skate it, its like dangling candy infront of a baby. The park wont be taken away, as it is litterally written in stone (or built as the case may be). Its gone beyond repair, and for the gorvernment to demolish it at this stage because some kids wanna use the ramp for its sole purpose in life would be a bit counter productive and the arguement would go out the window. The park is off limits fullstop after 9pm. People drink in there, smoke what ever and alot of other goings on that we couldnt possibly fathm. So as far as breaking an entry goes (not that i agree with it), the skatepark is nothing special.

Having said that, no matter how hard you try to stop it it will happen. The topic of coversation is the etiquette that should be involved with being part of a community of people with similar interests. Everyones voice should be heard, and not snuffed out because of what they are interested in. As i said, i put my hand up, i skated the small bowl at about 8pm a few nights ago, and the security chap came over and told us to get out. Me and my Friend didnt run, hop a fence, and get out, like the 15-20 skateboarders, we walked out the main entrance, talked to the guard, told him they are going a grade A job, and that we just wanted to have a good look at it. He was a sound chap, he was doing his job thats all. Every other time we came down we bring our skates, but we dont skate the ramp, we just wanna check the progress, and once thats done we go and session the rail.

The problem lies with us saying to the skateboarders ''lads, dont go in, he knows whats going on, the ramp isnt ready, if your board goes out from under you, your board could hit wet cement''. Now lets face it, im not slaggin skateboarders, but the average skateboarder lands 3 tricks then slips the board out. On a ramp with a bit of vert or what not, thats ok, but on the shallow bowl, that leads into a spine that board could go out into wet cement easy as. So when we 'who dont skateboard' say, dont skate, the natural reaction for these kids is 'fuk em, their just like the rest, were gonna skate, we came from the other side of dublin to see this, were not causing any harm'

This is the crap that has to be sorted, and if it continues on when the park is open, there will be trouble. This is why i was hoping that this post could reach a couple of the more respected heads in bmxing/rollerblading/skateboarding, so they can start setting an example for the younger kids who skate.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭jozi

I live in cavan now and sure as h**l plan on coming down to skate the park once its done. I deffinatly expect to be welcomed by the locals (with open arms is a bit much but would be nice :P ) i would be very disapointed if that wasnt the case.

I know what its like busting yourself to get a park ive been there, only to get the park a month after i move away :(

As for being eager to skate a unfinished park, i can understand that. I dont know if lived near the park could i keep out myself. I'd defo be down checking it out. I think i'd also mention it to the kids skating that it could be bad for the unset concrete to skate it. Has anyone called the guards to get them sent of or does this just make them leave for 10 mins and then come back (i assume it does)?

Message from Sean Redmond at the Corpo, emailed round a few of us who were involved in campaigning for the park:

Hi All ,
    Just got some worrying news that there are quite a few skaters/bikers breaking into the skatepark at night. I was out on site yesterday and noticed that there was some graffiti scratched into the concrete of the bowl. I didn't realise until today, when I received some news, that there were up to 10-15 individuals in the park!!. I've heard of parks in the UK closed down and filled with sand for a lot less.
    No complaints yet in from the locals but this is a disaster waiting to happen. I'm just waiting for the "we told you so" firing line to start up. The park is still a building site with steel bars sticking up all over it. Its even dangerous trying to walk around it, so a serious injury could happen very easily. Not to mention that the concrete hasn't properly cured yet so this will effect the quality of the riding surface in the future.
    Sorry to whinge at you guys, I know that I'm preaching to the converted here, but I'm just wondering is there any way in finding out who these people are. Is there a way of explaining to them that they could be wrecking the future of the park for everyone? I know it's very tempting to want to use it, knowing that it's almost finished, but we've come very far to lose the battle at this stage! Anyway in the meantime I will have to organise security at night on site, which will eat into our budget.
    Thanks ,
    Sean Redmond

+++++++++++++++++++++++

So there you go. I know it's tempting to go use the park, it's only a natural feeling. I know it well. I'd normally climb anything to ride something and I travel all over europe to ride street... but for god's sake have some respect. Especially as it is a KNOWN ISSUE that the residents are being particularly troublesome. We don't want to make the situation any worse.

I do agree though, you'll get a few people in there who won't cause trouble, who will leave when they are told and who treat the place with care. These people, like yourself, aren't that bad. But when you get a gang of kids in there who run into the wet cement, graffiti the bowl and generally have no consideration for locals in the houses across the way by shouting at the tops of their voices at gone 10pm... thats just retarded and they deserve a smack for sure.

I hope someone see's the post I just copied from Sean and explains to these kids that a) they are damaging the surface for the future as even the hard concrete isn't cured yet, and b) because of them, security will have to be tightened so there is now less money to spend on park-related things! because of them! so in a way, if they want to skate it, then they are risking the park not being as good as it could be. Banks, ledges, steps and a rail are MEANT to be going in the park, but I'd say if the security has to be paid for from the budget then they won't be able to stick everything that they wanted to in.

eh post this on the g1 website as well. cos they could be on that if theyre skaters

ill tell all the lads i know. From now on i wont go to the park with skates on my back. I was down there earlier on, and i told a few of the lads to stay off the ramp. They told me they were allowed to skate the deep end, and by the way the ramp was done it looked that way too. All the bars were bent down, there was ply covering them, the ramp was swept clean, and there was a barrier around the wet cement. There was boards lying on the transition with "Please stay off the wet cement, stay to one end :)" - and yes, they actually painted ":)" on the boards.

Never the less, ill tell all the kids to get the **** out, no more nice guy, ill call the gards if needs be... man i feel like such a sell out :/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭68 lost souls

Red dont worry bout feeling like a sell out, if anything your doing the opposite, your trying to keep the park alive after campaigning for it, they are selling out if they campaigned and now are gonna get it shut.

just wait till its finished, and ur left lookin at it for over 2 weeks. while the council decides when theyre gonna open it. i dont think many people will wait whens its fully done

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭JahEerie

As previously posted, there were 20-25 kids in da bowl last night.
    Da Airspeed crew (builders) came down & after some 'discussion' everybody left. Unfortunately people 'poachin' da park are playin right into the hands of the residents. The idiots that scratched 'graffitti' into da crete are really askin for a beatdown.

THE PARK WILL BE SHUTDOWN FOR ANY EXCUSE.

If you've been in already please don't go back til its legit.
    We live right beside Bushy & we've been waitin for a public facility since the mid-80s. How come we can resist the temptation?
    (Some of us even helped build it & we still haven't skated it yet)

Please be cool - it'll be worth it
    Nice 1

JohnBoy

PS - If people aren't gonna be cool, we have no problem gettin 'physical'
    Obviously we're all on da same side, but some of these kids need a slap.
    Hopefully it wont come to that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭Leah-G1

Beks wrote:
    Message from Sean Redmond at the Corpo, emailed round a few of us who were involved in campaigning for the park:

Hi All ,
    Just got some worrying news that there are quite a few skaters/bikers breaking into the skatepark at night. I was out on site yesterday and noticed that there was some graffiti scratched into the concrete of the bowl. I didn't realise until today, when I received some news, that there were up to 10-15 individuals in the park!!. I've heard of parks in the UK closed down and filled with sand for a lot less.
    No complaints yet in from the locals but this is a disaster waiting to happen. I'm just waiting for the "we told you so" firing line to start up. The park is still a building site with steel bars sticking up all over it. Its even dangerous trying to walk around it, so a serious injury could happen very easily. Not to mention that the concrete hasn't properly cured yet so this will effect the quality of the riding surface in the future.
    Sorry to whinge at you guys, I know that I'm preaching to the converted here, but I'm just wondering is there any way in finding out who these people are. Is there a way of explaining to them that they could be wrecking the future of the park for everyone? I know it's very tempting to want to use it, knowing that it's almost finished, but we've come very far to lose the battle at this stage! Anyway in the meantime I will have to organise security at night on site, which will eat into our budget.
    Thanks ,
    Sean Redmond

+++++++++++++++++++++++

So there you go. I know it's tempting to go use the park, it's only a natural feeling. I know it well. I'd normally climb anything to ride something and I travel all over europe to ride street... but for god's sake have some respect. Especially as it is a KNOWN ISSUE that the residents are being particularly troublesome. We don't want to make the situation any worse.

I do agree though, you'll get a few people in there who won't cause trouble, who will leave when they are told and who treat the place with care. These people, like yourself, aren't that bad. But when you get a gang of kids in there who run into the wet cement, graffiti the bowl and generally have no consideration for locals in the houses across the way by shouting at the tops of their voices at gone 10pm... thats just retarded and they deserve a smack for sure.

Howiyis,
    Im the Administrator on the G1 website.I'll take this email and post it up on our forums.Man,it ****in sucks that they might get rid of it.We'll tell anybody coming into the shop that the park is in jeopardy and hopefully they'll stay away.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 sdjustin

well i was one off those 10 - 15 skateboarders there i was only rolling in the deep end because it said ride here and not here ... theres only 2 people in are ''crew'' that would call some1 a dick for just walking in ...whom ive no respect for .... one of the rollerbladers came up and goes lads just wait a few more days and you can skate it all you want and i agreed ..but after the builders left (who we had a good talk with) the same blader and his mates started skating the deep end...because it said ride here ive no problem with rollerbladers and think they should just beat the **** outta the people who call people dicks for no reason to just try and sound cool ......i told the lads not to go back and just got told to fu*k off basically but im not gonna go back at least not until its finished neither are a few more of the lads ...

about the whole rollerblader vs skateboarder thing ... fu*k it whats the point just enjoy the fun none of the sh1t that happened in rnr ok ? it will just make the seen look even duller

we dont think we own the place and say the same thing to bladers its stupid and its not every1 cursing at random people its just probobly 1 maybe 2 people we skate with who i think think there there gods or something but to go as far as banning people from the park for skating a section thats already done ... whats the point what does that solve that would intice those 1 or 2 individuals to fu*k the place up which would hardly be good

about the locals i cant see why they would care or find out if some1 wrote in the concrete... i know some1 on that road and he said that you cant her anything coming from there and he couldnt care what people do there once there having fun
    the or local people are just looking for and excuse to feel good and make our lifes that more sh1ttier for no reason like i cant see what they get out of it and what the problem with us is theres a whole park that people get stabbed in drink in sleep in and they dont care then suddenly a bunch of young people come along and they care ? it only cause they need something to bitch about to keep them occupied

about the security issue it should already be a minority with people drinking there fighting there and even getting stabbed there in the park that is ....
    but there would be a problem with that as our government is corrupt as one of the builders said ... our government doesnt give a sh1t about us once they get there votes to keep them getting there large salarys

anyway on behalf of the people i skate with sorry for going in beforehand but it was not us writing in the concrete and walking in it weve more sense then that ......before i go does any1 know whats happening with lucan ? cause its finished but whens it open ?

cheers

sdjustin wrote:
    one of the rollerbladers came up and goes lads just wait a few more days and you can skate it all you want and i agreed ..but after the builders left (who we had a good talk with) the same blader and his mates started skating the deep end...because it said ride here ive no problem with rollerbladers and think they should just beat the **** outta the people who call people dicks for no reason to just try and sound cool ......i told the lads not to go back and just got told to fu*k off basically but im not gonna go back at least not until its finished neither are a few more of the lads ...

What did the one rollerblader look like who talked to you? Did he sound fair? Im sorry, i cant make out some of your points. Each skater i know has a trait of two that makes them easy to pin point.

did you just say, you have no problem with rollerbladers beating the **** out of people who call people dicks for no reason? If so, what about those 2 skaters that you said you dont like to associate with? In all fairness, if your hangin out with people who start ****, your gonna knee deep in it, and your gonna take the wrap for it. Word of advice - if they are dicks, they start ****, and deserve a slap... DONT SKATE WITH THEM. Its simple as, you will be painted with the same brush, and you will get the same treatment as them.

i dont accociate myself with thembut if they skate with the people i skate with theres nothing i can do about it neither can any1 else who doesnt like it ... the blader was kinda short about 5 ft wore baggy clothes and talked like a knacker basically he sounded fair untill he started skating the deep end which i suppose we were allowed do even when the builders where there.. they didnt mind once no-one fu*ked up the newly laid concrete

what are you on about painted with the same brush ? and get the same treatment as them ...i supose that is really justified treating the people who are againt the people causeing the disturbance (the people who deserve that slap) like the the people causing the disturbance (basically like sh1t if i know what your talking about) .... whats up with that

The true fact is that concrete doesn't completely set absolutely fully for 6 weeks. It may seem dry and ok to skate/ride, but in reality it could be damaging the concrete and ruining the quality of it when you use it. this means that it won't be as good as it COULD be. so pass the message on. as well as the fact that if better security has to be paid for then that money will be taken away from the park's budget. And also if they have trouble with this first park then the council won't be so keen to go through all this hassle again when people want other parks built.

the park doesnt need security with a garda station around the corner and even if it does it shouldnt come out of the skateparrks budget as its already a minority ....if our government could see around there selfishness this park wouldve been there for years with proper security and construction which proper fencing ...

sdjustin wrote:
    if our government could see around there selfishness this park wouldve been there for years with proper security and construction which proper fencing ...

That is true, but that still doesnt give an excuse for people to ride on concrete that actually takes 6 weeks to harden and to annoy local residents does it?

if our government could see around there selfishness this park wouldve been there for years with proper security and construction which proper fencing

well dont talk bout the government, we dont even have a health system, road system or public transport system. damn i wish i lived in germany:D

• Advertisement

yes that goes to show that its a sh1t government that doesnt care about anything except votes and money for themselves these parks are probobly only been build cause every1 annoyed them so much and they want some votes in the next election thats really it

Advertisement