Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Skatepark etiquette

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 607 ✭✭✭Kenjd

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:
    My views on this:
    There are obviously a lot of wan*ers in the current skate scene!
    People who dont see themselves as part of any scene.
    Adolescant kids who think the whole world owes them a living!!!
    Thinking they discovered the chilli peppers/janes addiction/skateboarding etc!!!!!
    I'm telling you if anybody laughs at me when i slam they'll get a smack in the mouth...maybe with my board!!! But that would make me as bad as them!!!
    It makes me mad!!!!
    Calm down calm down, deep breaths
    I've been waiting since '89 for a park in Dublin, I've skated many parks in the US and UK and never experienced anything like that in any park I skated!!
    Ageism, racism, bullying, homophobia are all issues that an older skater has to put up with when hanging around with children! And that all stems from simply name calling!
    I does my head in!
    If i see anyone slam the only thing to do is to help them out.
    As for the name calling i would've confonted them straight away! I couldn't let that slide!!They would think twice about doing it again!!!
    Now i getting worried, my blood pressure is rising....
    Ok, anyone know when lucan is officially going to open? cos i need to put in for the time off work!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 150 ✭✭f

ive never known anyone whos laughed at any one for slammin. no confirmed dates, i think maybe round the 1st of august.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭lifesgood

kildare.ie/NaasTownCouncil/news/view-details.asp?NewsID=82 - 12k - Supplemental Result -

if you want to see a good concrete skatepark and stop da council from wasting a chunk of money on another plastic park den u should go to this meeting for a skatepark in naas kildare

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭lifesgood

with all this money being invested on skateparks why has nobody asked for an indoor park before all that moneys gone
    outdoor park=either **** modular or rock hard concrete with people who dont even skate,bmx,blade coming into the park on there mountain bikes and vandalizin the park usually public skateparks are built beside council estates coz the lands cheap and no music no shop

indoor park=smooth wood which isnt too bad when ya fall,music,shop,no fukin ejits comin into the park,watever the weather it will always be dry,competitions,etc:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭Evolute

lifesgood wrote:
    with all this money being invested on skateparks why has nobody asked for an indoor park before all that moneys gone
    outdoor park=either **** modular or rock hard concrete with people who dont even skate,bmx,blade coming into the park on there mountain bikes and vandalizin the park usually public skateparks are built beside council estates coz the lands cheap and no music no shop

indoor park=smooth wood which isnt too bad when ya fall,music,shop,no fukin ejits comin into the park,watever the weather it will always be dry,competitions,etc:D

Ive wondered why they havent invested in indoor parks too considering our really bad climate and how it changes day to day. Also a word for the wise watch the curses the mods aint exactly too happy about peeps doing it. Weither its f u k or you know the proper spelling.

Also i totally agree with the whole we need to all be on each others side because ive gotten the whole were better then you attitude from skaters and bmxers. Also gotten the whole we own the park from kids that are probably only after making their confirmation. And lemme tell you it annoys the f***king piss outta me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭shagman

lifesgood wrote:
    kildare.ie/NaasTownCouncil/news/view-details.asp?NewsID=82 - 12k - Supplemental Result -

if you want to see a good concrete skatepark and stop da council from wasting a chunk of money on another plastic park den u should go to this meeting for a skatepark in naas kildare

This meeting was last year.........

6/4/2006
    Public Meeting - Proposed Skatepark Facility for Naas Town

Naas Town Council is assessing the feasibility of installing a public skatepark facility in the town.

In order to deliver this project, the Council’s Skateboard sub-committee would like to work in partnership with the community and any interested groups or existing clubs.

All interested persons and groups are invited to express their views at an open public meeting at the Town Hall on Thursday 6th April at 7.00pm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭Beks

Let them own the parks, what do they know, street riding is so much better... let's just own the streets instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭Evolute

Beks wrote:
    Let them own the parks, what do they know, street riding is so much better... let's just own the streets instead.

Its something different to skate a park if u dont wanna thats fair enough though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 sdLOVE

from skating bushy a good lot since its been open(and im not gonna lie, before it was open:rolleyes: ) i have to say everyone seems to get along. No one gets on anyones nerves. BMXers are cool, bladers are cool, mountain bikers are.. well theyre getting there and i like to imagine us skateboarders arent seen as dickheads! So basically this thread is no longer a problem. Buhsy park is a super fun loving zone. Unless youre a complete tool like the kid that wrote slipknot on one of the quarters and drew the little tim burton nightmare before christmas face on the flat. Asshole.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭ThOnda

I would like to pop to some park with my bike just to learn few things, maybe some tricks. But reading this thread I had become really worried.
    Respect, people, we all just want some fun and enjoy that free air!

So, could you recommend me some place where to go "safely" with my Cocaine (http://www.kola-online.cz/UserFiles/Image/Zbozi/v/958.jpg)? I am too old to be hard-core rider, but I would like to try how does it feel in U-ramp or just to enjoy fun-box. I'm riding mostly some streets here and I would like to visit some dirts too.
    Where is the best place to go? And when? Are the parks open for example early in the morning?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 757 ✭✭✭FiannaGym.com

Hey man,

Go to Bushy Park, plenty of guys on mountain/trials bikes and none of them are hard-core. In fact, no one in Bushy regularly is "hard-core".

Peace

• Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭JahEerie

Officially Bushy skatepark is for boards, BMX & blades only.

There's been some other threads on here bout this
    - not bein 'hardcore' but MTBs are intended for mountains/dirt/trails
    All we (skaters) have is the park.

Da problem with MTBs is that they're so big & heavy
    - people will get annialated if there are collisions.
    Apart from that, MTBers aren't used to park 'etiquette' so accidents are more likely to happen.

Sorry Thonda - nothin personal

JohnBoy

That's why I was asking here. I would like to practice some balance and technical riding. All the curbs and pavements close to my home are already marked by my tyres :-)
    I'll visit that place with my camera and if there's enough space, I'll ask people in there. There's nothing easier than respect and normal question.
    Thank's for explainig your point of view.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 757 ✭✭✭FiannaGym.com

Thonda,

If you exclude the large number of kids on BMX then I would say the ratio of BMX to trials in Bushy is about even.

Funnily enough, a kid lost his skate board the other day which went flying over the spine and hit a guy on a trial bike.

Peace

:-) It's better to be hit by skateboard than by some angry husband :-P

Ladies and gentleman, thank you. I've been to Bushy today and thank you all for your understanding and patience.
    By the way, why is the concrete so hard? Ouch...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 sdLOVE

i personally have no problem with the mtbikers who are regularly at bushy. Theyre quiet, stay out of your way, dont snake people and are pretty careful. They are also pretty good and fun to watch sometimes. But when you get little kids in bushy with their mtbikes... thats annoying

If you were there on Saturday, you would have lots of fun just by watching me. I fell only once, but seeing me trying to get down and my face trying to get up away again, that's priceless :-)
    I admire all you who can do it so fluently and nice. And those jumps... Well, it only shows that I am too old and even more lazy to learn things like that. But I'll be back ;)

Advertisement