Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

nokia 6680 help!!! please

• 10-07-2006 6:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 527 ✭✭✭

ok i have a nokia 6680 and i need tog et it flashed to the newest firmware out for it

the problem with it is that it does not get coverage and i was told by vodafone and the guy i got it off that it was the firmware problem

can anyone does this for me

iam in dublin if you live near dundrum i can come by any time that you are availible and can you flash it for me there and then

i will pay for this if anyone can do it for me thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Burgermaster

have you got it on dual mode... ie.. is it on GSM/3G if so switch to GSM.

Also there is a Nokia service centre in town in Dawson street they will reflash it with a 3 hour turn around for free.

I assume it is in warranty as they came with a 24 Month one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,669 ✭✭✭mukki

all those symbian phones are such a pain in the hole, feature packed, but just totally unrelable

try that dual mode trick,

you might bave to try a full format google how to do that

else you have to bring it into those stupid ba$tards on Dawon St, they'll probalby update with the latest software (but if you check it will be your old firmware again)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 527 ✭✭✭madmike18

ok i have look all over google

well alot anyway

and i cant find away too format it

if you are on about the original device settings i have done that all ready before but had know joy

can you tell me how to do it plz all help is needed and i thank all who replied to my thread

taking no responsibiltly for this, your on your own mate.....

from here http://www.imserba.com/articles/9/1/How-to-format-your-nokia-series-60

1. Make sure you have at least 3/4 charge of battery power left.
    2. Backup your contacts list and personal files to MMC memory card.
    3. Switch-off your phone and REMOVE UR MMC!.
    4. Press and hold 3 keys : Green dial key, * Star key, no. 3 key on keypad and then press the power on/off to swtich on the phone. Remember, do not let go the 3 press and hold keys until you see a formatting word screen show!
    5. After a few minutes when the Full phone formatting completed, your phone will back to original system and factory settting

ok i did that but no fomatting thing came up

but it did format it and everything was back to the way it first was

but still no coverage

thanks for the help

but my guess is that this must have to be flashed then

now the nokia centre is there any other place is the noone that can do it for me like then and there

• Advertisement

it's deffo not some software bug so!

must be hardware problem, will probably need to be sent off for repair, them idiots on dawson st will look after ya

well i did get coverage the first time i put my sim card in it for like a few seconds

it must be the the coverage chip thingy is gone and i only get coverage in high coverage areas

real high!!!!!!

so i just bring into them and they will fix it

can i not just bring it into the place in sandyford

mobile phone repair company

that is where all phones in dublin go to to get fixed

but they will try and charger some how they always do

when it is meant to me free

Advertisement