Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Festival of World Cultures

Options
  • 10-07-2006 6:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

The Festival of World Cultures, Dun Laoghaire, is a world music and dance festival. The gigs are indoor and outdoor, and stages vary in size from the main stages on the seafront (40 x 40 ft orbital) and Harbour Plaza, to smaller, more intimate settings. Our footfall is approx 200,000 and the main stage will attract approx 20,000 people.

The festival runs over 3 days:
    Friday 25th - Sunday 27th August.

[snip - spam part of post removed - Bard.]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

Thank you for letting us know about this Festival, Alex. I'll add it to the resource list.

Off topic for a second... Pity that the bulk of your post was spam looking for volunteers to work for the festival, however;- that's not what this board is for, and it seems to have gotten you banned.

Still, if anyone has opinions on this festival, feel free to post them here.

• Registered Users Posts: 845 ✭✭✭sturgo

Considering the amount of money the whole event generates for pubs, clubs, street vendors, local business, record labels, and the county council. I'm kinda supprised that the festival organisers are looking for people to work for free. I wonder if the person who posted this thread is doing this for nothing???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 ShakespearesSis

Considering the wealth of talent for free or for a pittance, a little free advertising and volenteering surely isn't too much to ask! This festival is one of the best things happening in this little country of ours!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

ShakespearesSis, advertising on this web site ISN'T free. Don't make an issue out of it. Thanks.

Advertisement