Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Zidane called a.....

• 10-07-2006 6:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭

If like me you were wondering all day what that Italian defender who pinched Zidane nipple and then got headbutted by him in WC final last night..actually said to Zidane..well Reuters are saying he was apparently called a "dirty terrorist by Marco Materazzi.:eek:

see http://au.sports.yahoo.com/060710/3/so44.html

If true it means Materazzi was obviously making some link to Zidanes Muslim family heritage. Personally think Materazzi should lose his winners medal if this is true, its bascially racism:mad:

Zinedine Zidane has explicitly refused to reveal what religion he follows. Although his parents are Muslim he married a Christian wife.

His family are from Algeria and he originally wanted to play for Algeria, but he eventually played for France.

I don't agree with how Zidane reacted but he a fiery guy from a tough neighbourhood and he one of the greatest players I have ever seen and I feel sorry for him today.:(

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭GrumPy

Ohyeah wrote:
    I don't agree with how Zidane reacted but he a fiery guy from a tough neighbourhood and he one of the greatest players I have ever seen and I feel sorry for him today.:(

This thread should NOT be here. BUT zidane deserved the red card... a way he could have got back at matterazzi would have been by scoring a goal in extra time, NOT by stickin him a headbutt.

That is all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Reported for moving.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,191 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

Ohyeah wrote:
    ...apparently called a "dirty terrorist by Marco Materazzi.(

Only one way to punish this: he should have scored in the penalty shoot-out. Materazzi had him eliminated from that.

There's no excuse for the behaviour of two professionals. Let's see what FIFA do about it. Anyone holding their breaths with me?:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

Moved to Soccer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

I'm just deciding if moving threads started by people who do not have soccer access is desirable.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭J.R.HARTLEY

"According to several very well informed sources from the world of football, it would seem that the Italian player Marco Materazzi called Zinedine Zidane a 'dirty terrorist'," SOS Racism said in a statement.
    isn't that amazing that they know that and zidane was quoted this evening as saying he won't say what was said,

do us a favour man and avoid sensationalist speculation until we have the facts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,484 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Why is this in AH ??

Regarding the thread topic, head butt = red card, Zidane is supposed to be a professional.
    If he felt mortally offended he should have lodged an official complaint after the match.
    I don't believe whatever religion he does follow, says head butting is acceptable behaviour anyhow.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭GrumPy

Giblet wrote:
    I'm just deciding if moving threads started by people who do not have soccer access is desirable.

Thread should be moved, and if possible OP PM'd and explained why it was removed, and howto gain access to football forum.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,484 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

The soccer mods are on the ball anyhow (yeah I know..worst.joke.ever.. ) and seem to grant access pretty fast.
    If the OP wants to post about soccer how hard in fairness would it have been for him to request asccess first, its not as if its one of the super sekkret private forums that aren't advertised publically?

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,432 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Doesnt matter what he was called, he should never have headbutted materazzi. End of story. :)

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement