Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Has anyone else seen this?

Options
  • 10-07-2006 7:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭

http://www.ucd.ie/engineer/timetable0607/elec3s1.html

This is the 3rd eng timetable. We have NO FRICKIN' TEA BREAK AT 11! There are now just 10 mins between every lecture! What's the deal with that?

Last year they cut it down from 30 mins to 20 mins and now we just have 10 mins between every lecture. IT'S RIDICULOUS! I assume this is the same for everyone all over UCD. It sucks!

I know the link is to a draft timetable, but if this stays as is im gonna cry.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭irlrobins

It's engineering, not arts. Get over it.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

that's insane. i used to love my tea breaks! blondie would back me up on that too!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭tywy

I know it's engineering, I'm going into 3rd year so I was over it when I was getting a 20-30 minute tea break. but know I'm not!!

Because we are engineers we need that tea break more than most!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

hey lay off Arts , what did they ever do to you? Wasn't it always 10 minutes? :confused:

we used to have 20 minutes from 10.50 - 11.10

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

didnt lectures always end ten minutes before the hour and generally start between the hour and ten past?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

Well Arts always started on the hour and finished ten minutes before the end.

We've only ever had ten minutes....just depends on your timetable. In first year I had days where I would have 4 or 5 lectures in a row and the chances of the lecturer actually finishing bang on ten to was very slim and you had to leg it to your next class.

In conclusion....quit your whinging :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭ozt9vdujny3srf

Next person to comment on this thread who isnt an engineer = ban

Comment....

Oh yea I went there Trucks.

Ban me!

No really....please ban me. I've never been banned from here before.

Banned.

I sure showed her...

• Advertisement

[21:38:46] [steph`]: i ****ing hate that forum

peachypants unbanned

[21:45:29] <Truckle|afk> mwahaha
    [21:45:54] <steph`> if i call you a cunt will you ban me
    [21:45:55] <Truckle|afk> aweh
    [21:47:30] <Truckle|afk> no
    [21:47:36] <Truckle|afk> if you give me money
    [21:47:37] <Truckle|afk> then yes

*sigh*

WEll looking at the timetable you have at least a two hour lunch break most days and half day friday. I don't remember half day fridays when I was in Eng.

Anyway you can always get you tea to go and bring it to the next lecture.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 888 ✭✭✭themole

that looks like a fairly good timetable to me.

i did eng in galway are we were very lucky if we got lunch off.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

trinners is the same in pharmacy and a few others - they've no lunch break some days :eek:

i used to love my half day fridays in eng, the building goes so quiet!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭singingstranger

tywy wrote:
    now we just have 10 mins between every lecture. IT'S RIDICULOUS! I assume this is the same for everyone all over UCD.
    I think in summary, it always has been. :rolleyes: I've never heard of a faculty making sure there was a lunch hour either - in 1st Year my Ag roommate had two 9-6 days with nine one-hour lectures. That was fun.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 281 ✭✭Samos

Well, before last year there was a five minute break between the first and second lectures followed by half an hour beteen 2 and 3 and then another 5 between lectures 3 and 4. So, having ten minutes between each lecture gives exactly the same amount of break time: 40 minutes in a four hour period. Overall nothing has changed, but ten minute breaks are less enjoyable. Anyway, you chose Elec so live with the consequences! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,604 ✭✭✭blondie83

That is terrible - people you dont understand realise how important that half hour tea-break was! Everyone would crowd into our tiny canteen for tea and a scone and do crosswords or chat about what had happened the night before...or anything really. I cant believe they got rid of it :(

Anyone remember Mondays in first year when we had to do chem practicals? 9-6 with only one 25 minute break form 1250 to 1315...God i hated those pratcicals! Good luck with 3rd year Tywy - its the hardest one you'll have in college so try and work from the start :)

blondie83 wrote:
    Good luck with 3rd year Tywy - its the hardest one you'll have in college so try and work from the start :)
    Ah yes.... Third Elec.... the reason I switch to comp sci. ;)

blondie83 wrote:
    That is terrible - people you dont understand realise how important that half hour tea-break was! Everyone would crowd into our tiny canteen for tea and a scone and do crosswords or chat about what had happened the night before...or anything really. I cant believe they got rid of it :(

Anyone remember Mondays in first year when we had to do chem practicals? 9-6 with only one 25 minute break form 1250 to 1315...God i hated those pratcicals! Good luck with 3rd year Tywy - its the hardest one you'll have in college so try and work from the start :)

Thank you! At least someone understands!

I was told 2nd year was the hardest....damn!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭Chakar

I'm glad I'm not doing Engineering don't know how you hack the maths and the science.

Because engineers have brains. :p

For some people maths and science comes easy. Like to me. But all that arty waffle crap is not my cup of tea. Each to their own.

irlrobins wrote:
    For some people maths and science comes easy. Like to me. But all that arty waffle crap is not my cup of tea. Each to their own.

o_0 Arty, waffle crap? You don't really have to put it like that. It's not like Chakar said "I don't know how you hack all that maths bullshít."

Bleurgh, not getting into the Arts people are brainless argument. Reckon this'll die/be locked soon anyway.

Bleurgh, not getting into the Arts people are brainless argument.

Oh I didn't mean it like that. What I meant was that what appeals to someone is hell for someone else. I would find arts in general rather boring and would struggle to do well in it, due to my mindset. But give me a science subject and I' m a pig in shite. I'm not saying one course is better than another. Make sense?

Advertisement