Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shopping in florida?

Options
  • 10-07-2006 7:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭

enot surt if this is the right place but can anyone recommend places to go shopping in florida. The missus is heading over next month and she wants to go some big shopping centres etc. I want her to get me some ds games and a few other bits too. Any help appreciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 345 ✭✭eiretamicha

Stekelly wrote:
    enot surt if this is the right place but can anyone recommend places to go shopping in florida. The missus is heading over next month and she wants to go some big shopping centres etc. I want her to get me some ds games and a few other bits too. Any help appreciated.
    What part of Florida will she be staying in? North, Central, or South? And what, precisely, are you looking for her to buy for you?

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

What part of Florida will she be staying in? North, Central, or South? And what, precisely, are you looking for her to buy for you?

Not sure exactly but it's not too far from Disney land, plus she'll have a rental car so travelling isnt a big issue. Mostly a few ds games and/or dvds maybe tacksuit bottoms etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 345 ✭✭eiretamicha

Stekelly wrote:
    Not sure exactly but it's not too far from Disney land, plus she'll have a rental car so travelling isnt a big issue. Mostly a few ds games and/or dvds maybe tacksuit bottoms etc.
    Believe it or not, tracksuit bottoms are quite difficult to find here. It's just too hot for them, and they're not really in style here like they are over there. That said, generally you'd have more luck finding them in sports & shoes stores in the bigger malls around Orlando.

I hate Wal-Mart with a passion, and I boycot them, but they are definitley your best bet for finding cheap DVD's.

I'm not sure what ds games are, but most electronic departments of chainstores like Wal-Mart, Target, and the like carry a variety of computer and gaming system games (PS2, Dreamcast, Game Cube, etc.). Also, the bigger malls in Orlando will have tiny shops specifically devoted to games and anime. Their prices are usually a bit high, though.

Good luck! Hope your wife enjoys her vacation. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 965 ✭✭✭DriftingRain

Does Orlando have Cosco?
    There a great alternative to Wal-Mart....Target is great for deals too!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭Preset No.3

If its near Disneyland then its Orlando and the main place for shopping there is at the end of International Drive call ed the Beltz Mall. This has got all the designer stuff you could want and you ahve the usual savings! Might get the trackies there but for designer gear you wont find cheaper in Orlando. If she not in a car, take the green mini busses that run along i drive, I think its a dollar flat fee.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 243 ✭✭Lorri_L

The Florida Mall is also great for shopping...I quite happily spent full days shopping there! And its not hard to get to, especially if you are staying central and have a car.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭metaoblivia

Actually if it's near Disney Land then you're probably closer to Anaheim, CA. ;)
    But if she's by Disney World then Orlando has some good shopping, but not as good as Miami.
    Beltz Factory Outlet Mall, as someone has mentioned, is good, as is the Florida Mall. There is also Mall of Millenia which is new and very nice.
    For a more local shopping experience that's not so crowded with tourists, she could drive a couple miles north to Winter Park and take a stroll down Park Avenue.

Advertisement