Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Skellig Bay GC

• 10-07-2006 7:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 369 ✭✭

Played a new course in Kerry yesterday for the first time - the Skellig Bay GC in Waterville.

I loved it. We got a great day for it and despite not sobering up until the fourth hole I hit it pretty damn good all the way round and even holed the odd putt for a change!

If you're ever down that way I'd advise a visit. Some friends who met us down there had paid €150 to play Waterville Links the day before but felt that at €60 a go the other was much better value. We actually got it for €40 cos there was over 20 of us which was brilliant value.

Fairways and tee boxes are still settling down in places but the course will eventually be very eye-catching I'd say.

Par 5s to start and finish as well, which I always like. Couple of the Par 3s are maybe a little bit plain but that's my only slight criticism.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭J.R.HARTLEY

sorry to sound ignorant greenhorn but what part of kerry is waterville, i'll be down in killarney soon, would i be close?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 369 ✭✭GreenHorn

You wouldn't be a million miles away - maybe an hour?? I could be wrong... Waterville would be relatively well known so directions etc when you're down there wouldn;t be a problem and I'd be pretty sure that a tee time at that new course wouldn't be an issue either...

There's still alot to be done, with some of the water hazards not yet fully filled in etc but I think it'll be a cracker. My mate who is a member at Carton felt it would be nicer than the O'Meara eventually. I'm not sure I'd go quite that far but I loved it I must say...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭DIEGO WORST

Waterville is on the Ring of Kerry, just about the farthest point on the Ring from Killarney, I reckon it's about 40+ miles and depending on how well you can negotiate the roads, it will probably take you 1 ~ 1.5 hours.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 369 ✭✭GreenHorn

The two lads said Waterville was breathtaking alright... But I can't see myself ever paying 150 lids for a round of golf. There's plenty of great rounds out there for 40-60 quid...

On a side note - I also played Craddockstown (12 holes only unfortunately) last week for the first time and was very impressed with it as well. Very nice I thought considering it's a course you don't hear much about...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 408 ✭✭gramlab

May be heading down to skellig bay there in a few weeks. Anyone played it since the last post. Is it worth heading down??

• Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Oliverdog

gramlab wrote:
    May be heading down to skellig bay there in a few weeks. Anyone played it since the last post. Is it worth heading down??

Haven't tried it yet but if you're down this was try Dooks (Glenbeigh way). It's great, though a bit expensive.

Advertisement