Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ICO Playstation

Options
  • 10-07-2006 8:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 702 ✭✭✭

Hello,

Bought about 4 of these games last year all with Art Cards and original boxes... not planning on selling them anytime soon.... They are becoming very rare. See a lot of copies on ebay at the moment with out the Art cards but the prices have decreased considerably.. Is there any explanation for this???

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

They rereleased the game when SotC came out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 702 ✭✭✭Lexus1976

Did they release the card board version with the 4 Art Cards?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭tba

no a DVD case version

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭Zhane

You shoulda sold them while they were hot.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Lexus1976 wrote:
    Did they release the card board version with the 4 Art Cards?

No, but in fairness the majority of people won't care about that. They just want to play the game.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

To be honest it's people like you that screw it up for the rest of us, those that actually want to play the games, not hold onto a batch of them until the price is high enough, I can safely assume that they are still in their wrappers so as to protect the resale value.
    When a game comes out and over time gathers a cult following collectors hoovering up the available copies then drive the price up until we have to part with serious cash to get our hands on a classic.
    At least in instances like the re-release of Ico means that people like you get shafted once and a while.
    Now, if only Radiant Silvergun and PanzerDragoon Saga would get a re-release too.

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭Chumpski

A little off topic but ICO really is a fantastic game. I prefer it to SOTC really. SOTC is very good but it lacks the magic of ICO i think anyway. Maybe its because i used to really love platformers when i was younger but i grew out of them as theres only so many times you can play Sonic without getting bored. But ICO really brought fresh legs to the genre. An amazing story, fantastic puzzles and gameplay and its not too long or not too short, challenging but never frustrating. No needless backtraking. Its just pure magic. SOTC does in fairness add to the story and experience of playing ICO so id recommend everyone who hasnt already to pick up both.

Im so jealous of all these people who havnt played them yet!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 760 ✭✭✭TheAlmightyArse

Lexus1976 wrote:
    Bought about 4 of these games last year all with Art Cards and original boxes

Games are for playing, man.

(For "man", read "scum".)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 702 ✭✭✭Lexus1976

Your an intelligent chap! No fly's on you huh!

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,080 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

If you continue to break the charter in this way, take 'TheAlmightyArse' and add 'is banned for a week'.

Ok, that was just plain wrong.

As always, do not reply to this post and back on topic or the same applies.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭Explosive_Cornflake

I have a copy of Ico here, and never played more than 10 minutes of it. Never really got into it. Is it really that good? I hate to use my PS2 to be honest.

Advertisement