Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

avalaunch networking help

• 10-07-2006 8:34pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭

Hi everyone,as the title says I need help and badly.A few days ago I got my chipped xbox back with the X3 chip.Everything works fine except I cannot network it with my pc which was one of the main things I wanted to do.I have read all the guides and they seem pretty simple to do but I cannot seem to get it working.The method Im using is NIC card- straight through cable - up link on network hub -straight through cable - xbox.I think I have configured the NIC card in the pc right going by what I've read, with the IP @ 192.168.0.1 and subnet @ 255.255.255.0.What should the gateway be set to?

On the avalaunch dash I go into network and the network settings are as follows
    static ip 10.0.10.233
    gateway 192.168.0.1
    subnet 255.255.255.0

I think the static IP on the xbox might be the problem but I cannot find the settings to change it in Avalaunch.Can someone please point me in the right direction and please dumb it down as much as possible as I really havent a clue what Im at.Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

can you ping that ip ?

Avalaunch settings are inside an xml file inside the application folder, but seeing as you can't get it on the network yet, hmmz.

Check those IP settings again, something doesn't seem right there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭aaronm13

Which settings should I check the pc or xbox.Cant seem to find that xml file to access the ip settings.I have seem it mentioned in some guides buthavent a clue where it is.Im very confused indeed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭CiaranC

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭aaronm13

Thanks Ciaran.Actually read that manual before posting but still get get this networking thing sorted.Really think I can get it going if I can get into the xml settings for the IP address but I cannot find itm,but then again I could be wrong

Advertisement