Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cork Week

Options
  • 10-07-2006 8:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭

Anyone going on the lash down there next week?! I personally can't wait to hang out there with my nagon of rum hidden in my bag!!

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,054 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

*sigh*

Glad to see that people are aware of things you can do down here other than get ratarsed...

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭Deer

Ah now - it only comes once every two years! Better than Havana Browns anyways...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭\m/_(>_<)_\m/

Fysh wrote:
    *sigh*

Glad to see that people are aware of things you can do down here other than get ratarsed...

back on the waggon for you.

ya cant wait, should be a great week.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭DamienH

Deer wrote:
    Anyone going on the lash down there next week?! I personally can't wait to hang out there with my nagon of rum hidden in my bag!!

rum only makes you dirty pirate drunk. I'll be stick with my bulmers and sambuca, now dubbed Bullbuca

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Fysh wrote:
    Yeah, but getting ratarsed is so much more fun.

Isn't Cork Week that time of year when all the rugger buggers get together in crossers to admire each other's long white hard things, while pretending not to be gay and comparing sheepskin jackets and overbites?

adam

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Judes

Thanks Guys - you've all ruined the whole concept of Cork Week for me now. Have you ever actually tried sitting at the bays/cliffs around Camden/Weaver's Point/Graball-Bay and just watching the yachts as they head out to race - it's a beautiful sight. You could be missing out on some of the best bits by going straight to the club and spending your night hanging out in over priced/over packed beer tents! OK - I don't want to sound like a spoil sport so watch the yachts - then go back to the RCYC and have a tipple or two. (Just please don't start vomiting all over Crosshaven village - if Cork Week becomes a huge drunken mess - maybe in future it just won't happen!!!)

Or if you want to see the yachts without the hassle of the crowds/parking etc. head to White Bay or Roches Point, (East Cork) the other side of the harbour - you can still view them - just from a different (cheaper) angle............

Or get a cutie to take you out in a rib to watch the boats!

Don't worry Judes - there'll be no puking from me!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,054 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

Wait, wait, wait.

Boats, you say?

When the hell did they start bringing boats into it?

(Don't mind me, I just feel like being silly...)

Oh excuse me - I take the "boats" back - yachts (should know better by now!!)

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Deer wrote:
    Ah now - it only comes once every two years! Better than Havana Browns anyways...

It now means that I only have to get away once every two years now.

Grr.. I hate the damn thing.

I once knew a girl who was so into the RCYC thing, the problem is that we lived near the Kerry border.

• Advertisement

Whoa, whoa, whoa. Whoa.

Yachts now?

This only gets worse! And here was me thinking it was about booze and miniscule outfits....

(No doubt you've noticed that the silliness is still continuing)

Ah - miniscule outfits and the short skirt brigade - god help them - I'm gonna personally prove that the jeans brigade is gonna win out next week. Let the battle commence!:D

Miniscule outfits, that isn't the half of it - 2 Cork Weeks ago, I was heading to Portaloos - (the cabins on stilts, that kind of portaloo) it was day light - probably about 20.00 - and a couple emerged, rolling out from under the loos to stand up and straighten their clothes. I mean YUK - doing it under the loos............... If you can think of a nautical term for that one, I'll be impressed!?* (Suppose it's the opposite of the Mile High Club - maybe, a Fathom Below)

Judes wrote:
    If you can think of a nautical term for that one, I'll be impressed!?* (Suppose it's the opposite of the Mile High Club - maybe, a Fathom Below)

Something to do with docking submarines, perhaps? The Das Boot club, maybe?

Jesus - theres going down and there's going down....

Good one.............

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

The chick has to have been called Rebecca.

I think after Judes little story I'm going to hang around the portaloos with a long stick muttering bah humbug and poking underneath them everynow again on the off chance I disturb some degenerates having a "good" time!! It could be an interesting game though - find the shaggers in the most obscure places and disturb them!!! As you can all see I get bored of just being hammered and resort to childish little games to amuse myself... anyone else care to join me down there?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Man that was overhyped. Didn't find it really enjoyable at all! Glad I had a pass and didn't have to pay 20 or 25 euro or whatever to get in. Drink prices were sky high. I think in two years time I'll give it a miss!

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭blue banana

I agree, I was there last Sunday when it was free entry. No way would I pay €20 to get in. It was a nice day out and the weather was fab but that is just a rip off. Still have to pay exhorbitant prices for food and drink:(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 342 ✭✭JaneHudson

Judes wrote:
    Miniscule outfits, that isn't the half of it - 2 Cork Weeks ago, I was heading to Portaloos - (the cabins on stilts, that kind of portaloo) it was day light - probably about 20.00 - and a couple emerged, rolling out from under the loos to stand up and straighten their clothes. I mean YUK - doing it under the loos............... If you can think of a nautical term for that one, I'll be impressed!?* (Suppose it's the opposite of the Mile High Club - maybe, a Fathom Below)

I worked on a boat once and one of the tasks was to "Soogie the bulkheads". Maybe the bloke had his bulkhead soogied?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭Femelade

i went down on thursday night for my first "cork week experience"
    Had a pass , thats why i went..good crack all in all, found some poor young fella who was going to take me onto his boat*, but i needed to pee, i dragged him into the building where the toilets were and made him sit in the corner of the girls toilets..while i was doing my wee wee's i heard some women talking to him..and then they stole him!!! bitches..

*yes, i'm fully aware that he was probably BSing.

I had a season pass so ended up going down everynight. It was great fun. The music though for the most part was crap but you'd get over that after a few JD and cokes. There was amazing talent down there and the crowd wasn't completely confined to yachties which was good. The drinks were completley over priced but that's happening at every event. It was actually cheaper to buy a pint of miller than a bottle. There was a good garda presence down there but despite this I still managed to get pickpocketed :mad: Own fault though for getting skulled though.

I was there Friday - nobody rolling out from the loos this time - but saw a few popping down the pontoon with their sailor boys - haven't they heard the phrase "a girl in every port". I thought it was well laid out this year - we were lucky enough to get a table outside, so we were sorted for the night but yes, over-priced - as usual - and I wouldn't bother if I hadn't got my hands on a free pass. I still prefer to sit on the cliffs and watch them sail by!

Advertisement