Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Wall!!!!

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,350 ✭✭✭Het-Field

You back in Dublin Seb The Bum. How was the trip

• Registered Users Posts: 12,169 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

I'm sure he'll tell you all about it in a pm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

It's only a wall for fuchk shake

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

not if you spend most of the year there.

Its more than a wall, its an appendage of people who are kinda cool

• Advertisement

Its where I learned to tune out anything related to student politics

Grimes wrote:
    Its where I learned to tune out anything related to student politics

Give it time. Councellor Grimes.

Imagine this.

"Vote For Grimes, He'd Vote For You"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,391 ✭✭✭arbeitsscheuer

It's insincere. I like it.

EDIT: Yeah the trip was wicked, cheers for askin. Great atmosphere around the city leading up to the final. Good buzz and that. Highlight was probably Checkpoint Charlie and it's museum - deceptively big, put it that way. Fantastic stuff.

You all set for a Post-Grad in Sept? I never applied so I guess I'm taking a year out and applying for 2007/08...

Het-Field wrote:
    Give it time. Councellor Grimes.

Imagine this.

"Vote For Grimes, He'd Vote For You"

Could you imagine

"Vote For Graham, At least he admits its all a load of bollocks "

Back on topic people!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭Chakar

I'm not too bothered about this wall near Th P. But I would be worried if it was the wall near Th. L. I spent many a election there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭pretty*monster

It's only a wall for fuchk shake

False!

The wall is the place to see and be seen in ucd.

:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,755 ✭✭✭elmyra

As someone who has only ever been able to direct people to places but using the focal point of the wall, who has always met for various committee meetings there and lazed away countless hours there with the handy Observers that are usually strewn around, I gotta profess sincere sadness. Can't believe they're taking it away.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,391 ✭✭✭arbeitsscheuer

/mutters;
    At least ppl won't be calling that place the fúcking wall anymore...:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭pretty*monster

They're not taking it away. It was there yesterday.

DOLC remains so lame.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

The Wall is the former home of GameSoc. No other place in UCD has earned the right to be called that. The area outside the arts block is the DoLC, and the climbing wall is just the climbing wall.

YEah, then they ****ed around with it and bolted Pangur Bán to the floor. It was nice for hanging out when it was wet and everywhere else was jammers. For **** sake, why do they keep taking the places where you can actually sit on something that's not plastic, stone or tile away? Damn them, the Wall used to be fun.

Any of you who have no idea about the value of the wall (which, granted has been greatly diminished in the past year or two) and think that the DOLC is the wall... for SHAME!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

Blush_01 wrote:

Any of you who have no idea about the value of the wall (which, granted has been greatly diminished in the past year or two) and think that the DOLC is the wall... for SHAME!

Can I just clarify that when I asked which the OP meant I was doing so due to the confusion and debate we all had the last time :p

The wall was great for lunches and a chat on a rainy day. It'll be missed if it does go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 738 ✭✭✭TheVan

Come on Hulla, police this Mutha!

People have gone off topic! Just because you're on dial-up doesn't mean you can slack off!!

(joke!....Hullalloo is really cool and hard-working)

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,727 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

Em, it's not off topic you nonce.

Thread Title: "The Wall!!!"
    Thread Topic: The Wall and what a shame it is/might be that it is/were it to be knocked down
    What people are talking about: The Wall (or the variant, the DOLC).

(Joke, TheVan is really cool and obviously working too hard.)

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Blush_01 wrote:
    Freaking n00bs, don't know they're born!
    *takes out walking stick*

• Advertisement

Freaking n00bs, don't know they're born!
    *takes out walking stick*

wouldnt it make more sense to call the (sigh) DOLC "The Wall" seeing as its more popular than this other gamer wall? I dont like the name DOL Cancer. Cant it not be DOL Good times, or DOL Not terminal diseases.

Come on non smokers, DOLC just reminds you that you are dying of passive somking. Complain about somthing productive for a change :P

I want to hear from Passive on this :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭singingstranger

Grimes wrote:
    dying of passive somking [...] I want to hear from Passive on this :confused:
    /me notes slight irony

In summary:

"The Wall": the bit inside the door closest to the Restaurant, outside Theatre P, where it's normally easy to pick up a newspaper whenever they're around. aka the G area on the ground floor; directly below the G sofas on the first floor.

"DOLC": the smoking wall outside Arts Cafe/Hilpers/Finnegan's Break/Newman Cafe.

"Chakar's Wall Of Theatre L Doom": The place where all the election camps have their bases. Possibly known as 'The Wall' only by Chakar.

It's "The Wall" that TheVan was referring to, and it's being converted into the Arts Programme Office so that it's more accessible to people. Your precious DOLC is safe, guys.

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,727 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

Chakar's "The Wall" is known by most people as "The Blob". End of.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭Chakar

Chakar's "The Wall" is known by most people as "The Blob". End of.
    "Chakar's Wall Of Theatre L Doom": The place where all the election camps have their bases. Possibly known as 'The Wall' only by Chakar.

Cheers guys.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

There's always one.

I'm beginning to think some people need to be abandoned with a box of chocolates on a bench by a bus stop.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,755 ✭✭✭elmyra

Run Forrest run!!!! Hehehehehehe. Legend. :D

Advertisement