Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Technician Interview at HP Ireland

• 11-07-2006 12:43am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

I am going for an interview at HP at the Leixlip Plant and i am wondering did anyone go for a Technicians job there and what the interview was like?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭guydub

Hi

Went for one at Intel. Was asked loads of questions on metrology , shown photos of different tools and asked for examples of when to use one. then was asked electrical questions about voltage amps , calculations etc, then about motors. shown diagrams and asked to do calculations and then identify parts from sketches and diagrams. brush up on your electrical notes from college before the interview

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

I did one along time ago, as far as i can remember there were two, one to see if you were the fit and one to see if you could do the job tecnically.
    They broke the interview into three parts, electrical, mechanical and PLCs.

they asked some PLC questions and had some basic ladder language symbols and asked you what they were.

Mechanically, I cant really remember sorry, something about "shimming" things up ( mechanically adjusting the height of something by adding skinny bits of metal, servicing gears etc.

from an electrical point of view they had a wiring diagram of a variable speed drive, they also had a few diagrams of open and closed switches to see if you knew how to read basic electrical diagrams.They also asked about optical speed drives

Advertisement