Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pete...aint what he used to be.

Options
  • 11-07-2006 8:07am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 563 ✭✭✭

Anybody else noticing that Pete has gotten quite boring recently? GOne are his funny Diary room seesion "seeza the geeza" etc. funny little observations he made in there, i think he's beocme sub dued and i dunno why.

tbh i want Nikki out, maybe then he'll FINALLY be free of these controlling demaning mooo cows.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,847 ✭✭✭py2006

I think its because of Lea. She overshadowed him and drowned him out with her extreme paranoia and her smothering.

I think he is getting depressed and there is no real genuine people in that house that he can mix with.

I think the same goes for Imogen. I think she is misunderstood and unfairly treated. I'd say she finds it hard to understand the emotionally fecked up people in there. I'd say she is a really nice girl outside the house.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

robnubis wrote:
    Anybody else noticing that Pete has gotten quite boring recently? GOne are his funny Diary room seesion "seeza the geeza" etc. funny little observations he made in there, i think he's beocme sub dued and i dunno why.

tbh i want Nikki out, maybe then he'll FINALLY be free of these controlling demaning mooo cows.

I suspect it has a lot to do with the last couple of weeks (Lea, Nikki etc). It's enough to leave anyone drained. I'd imagine he is in dire need of some "alone time" to recharge, which he can't get in the BB house.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭K_user

I do think he needs to recharge. Due to his syndrome he is naturally hyperactive, having that energy smothered by the BB house must be extra hard.

Also I don’t think he’s getting the airtime. Between Nickys tantrums, Jayne’s b*tching and Ash’s crying, the camera’s aren’t focusing on him anymore. We no longer see him in the DR. He could well be the same guy, but all we see is the times he’s fighting off one of his admirers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭Cactus Col

He's a bigger sleeze than sezer ever was, playing on all the girls sympathies, at the start of the show not one of them would've even considered giving him a pec on the cheek, now, few weeks later half of them are falling over each other trynna stick their tongue down his throat ..... well, the (mentally) slower girls it seems.

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭Evil_Bilbo

anyone else notice that when mikey was cracking on to nikki last night (going "you've got nice boobs, nice face" etc), pete was just floating around the 2 of them really obviously trying to break up whatever was going on - then they included him in the conversation and he had this insane jealous head on him - not saying a word, just glaring at mikey - mad pished off he was.

and after him saying he didnt fancy her at all, he was acting like mikey was trying to steal his woman last night. Then he sucked the face off ashleyne to get back at her? (moments after half cracking on to jenny - biggest ride in there).

he's just gone way to wierd recently. And glyn is just annoying - infact - the only half decent one in there is........oh wait..........no..........they all suck fat elephant balls.

• Advertisement

Evil_Bilbo wrote:
    anyone else notice that when mikey was cracking on to nikki last night (going "you've got nice boobs, nice face" etc), pete was just floating around the 2 of them really obviously trying to break up whatever was going on - then they included him in the conversation and he had this insane jealous head on him - not saying a word, just glaring at mikey - mad pished off he was.
    He was p*ssed off, wasn't he? :D
    Evil_Bilbo wrote:
    and after him saying he didnt fancy her at all, he was acting like mikey was trying to steal his woman last night. Then he sucked the face off ashleyne to get back at her? (moments after half cracking on to jenny - biggest ride in there).
    Wasn't the "Truth or Dare" game before Mikey started his chat up lines?

Cactus Col wrote:
    He's a bigger sleeze than sezer ever was, playing on all the girls sympathies, at the start of the show not one of them would've even considered giving him a pec on the cheek, now, few weeks later half of them are falling over each other trynna stick their tongue down his throat ..... well, the (mentally) slower girls it seems.
    I don't know about that. Seems to me that most of the girls that are after Pete wouldn't touch him on the outside. MHO.

Ash stated at one point that she prefers black guys, Nicky said that she likes rich men and Lea hated that he was so young. Pete just seems to be living it up a bit while the women are having a battle of wills.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭padi89

"Pete you changed mate,you've just changed,since you came in you've changed mate,I dont know what it is Petey boy but you've changed,why have you changed Pete,your not the same pete you've changed"

I fcukin change if i was listening to that sh1te all the time! :mad:

padi89 wrote:
    "Pete you changed mate,you've just changed,since you came in you've changed mate,I dont know what it is Petey boy but you've changed,why have you changed Pete,your not the same pete you've changed"

I fcukin change if i was listening to that sh1te all the time! :mad:
    :D:D:p

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭kittex

Cactus Col wrote:

I used to be a fan of Pete but after his recent behaviour I think the guy is pretty spineless and two-faced.

From what I've watched, he has never properly stood up and said no to any of the girls. In fact, he's always left it open to interpretation. With Lea it was "Oh thanks, that's amazing!". With Ashleyne, "Not you? Really? Wow".
    Nikki has asked him lots of times, if she is being out of order by getting into bed with him and he keeps telling her no. Then he tells everyone in the house she forces herself on him and he doesn't fancy her.

Then, the other night, after snogging Ashleyne in front of Nikki he tells Jenny she's the only person in the house he wants to snog.

While he is generally a nice guy, with the girls he's being a bit of a tit who seems to love all the attention.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 473 ✭✭Ballerina

yea lea telling him he had changed drived me up the wall and of course it resulted in him not being able to do anything without her on his back!

but i also think that he actually hasnt changed that much but as was said earlier i think they just arent focusing on him as much in the highlights.hes often doing hilarious things with glyn but it isnt shown.i wouldnt be surprised if the producers are worried that its getting boring because everyone knows that pete is going to win and are trying to get people to like other housemates or something.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭jobonar

Lea smoothered pete something awful and he couldnt do anything without her standing behind him! with her following ya around no wonder he hasnt been the same it must have drained the poor bloke!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 340 ✭✭The Song Thrush

I find it ****ing repulsive every time Nikki comes on to Pete when she's drunk and starts snogging him under the covers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭pheasantplucker

He blatantly flirted with Aisyleen talking about how spin the bottle was great etc. etc. (ie. they snogged) and how it should have gone on longer (e. they should have a longer snog)... and Nikki was in the bed next to them.. whatever about my feelings for Nikki, that was unfair. She was hurt as anyone would be. He is just playing around with all the girls.. Nah. Dont like him anymore!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭popebenny16

I think they're getting to that mid-way low where its just the same old same old they could be having an effect. Also the new housemates really mean that for the old ones the entire first half of the show was a waste of time, which must really be demoralising for them, and I would guess that would have an effect on their personalities.

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭kittex

I find it ****ing repulsive every time Nikki comes on to Pete when she's drunk and starts snogging him under the covers.
    Does it repulse you that whenever she is sunbathing, he walks over and lies on top of her? Sure he was licking her armpit the other day. Or when he glares jealously at any of the lads when they hug/talk/ackowledge her?

The guy is blatantly into Nikki but is acting coy and then flirting with all the other women! He's clearly used to female attention - and loves it.
    He seems embarrassed to be into her, as if he's worried what it'll look like on the outside...
    It's a shame he's proving so spineless. I really did like him at the start :(

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭crybaby

Or when he glares jealously at any of the lads when they hug/talk/ackowledge her?

this was very noticeable when Mikey was drunk the other night and was telling Nikki how great she is also use to like Pete but after just watching him cry over a rat being threatened makes me realise hes really a bit of an arsehole

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭Killaqueen!!!

I still like Pete but he aint what he used to be. I still love him to bits but I wish he was with nikki instead of Aisylene. Nikki really likes him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 563 ✭✭✭robnubis

I personally dont like the way he associates with complete tards (Nikki and Lea) both of whom are depressing (constant moaning, whining, crying) not to mention pressuring him about their relationships, i mean at this stage, i think we can safely say he'd like to plough Ash, and its reciprecated.

Hopefuly with the bunnyboilers all gone once and for all...he can be himself again.

Advertisement