Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

please help me sell my ka

Options
  • 11-07-2006 10:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭

I'm gettin no interest in my car at all. Have it up here
    http://www.carzone.ie/usedcars/index.cfm?fuseaction=car&carID=367984
    and on buy and sell and on the cbg print add. being trying to sell it for a few months now but no one is ringing. I know if someone came to see it they would buy it because there is nothing wrong with it, its in perfect condition. Any advice on how I can word the add differently or is there no chance of selling it at all.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,679 ✭✭✭scargill

Have you tried putting it in your local paper ? (I've generally had more joy with ads in local papers)

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭judesherry

no i havent. I am now living in the netherlands but will be home at the weekend and plan to blitz all local shops with ads. will also look at local papers. I live in the fingal area does anyone know if its worth while putting an ad in the fingal papers.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,243 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

judesherry wrote:
    I'm gettin no interest in my car at all. Have it up here
    and on buy and sell and on the cbg print add. being trying to sell it for a few months now but no one is ringing. I know if someone came to see it they would buy it because there is nothing wrong with it, its in perfect condition. Any advice on how I can word the add differently or is there no chance of selling it at all.

The car looks to be in great condition and appears to be priced a bit lower than any other Ka of that year on carzone.ie. Most dealers are asking for around €4,500. But they may not get that price and have the bonus of some sort of warranty. You may have to drop your price down to around €3,500 though if you are really in a hurry to sell it. See how it goes.

The photos are not the best imo as it was an overcast dull day. Try giving it a good cleaning inside and out, maybe a wax, take a couple of new photos on a sunny day to highlight this. Might be worth sticking it in Buy and Sell also and putting a little notice up on the windscreen so that someone who might be interested will see it where ever it is parked, eg in town or at work.

Best of luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

I just read through your ad, it looks fine. Have you considered dropping the price?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭BoozyBabe

I honestly can't see why it's not selling.
    Are there younger models with similar or lower mileage selling for a similar or lower price on the same websites?

The price seems ok, but lowering it (if you can afford to) is a sure way to sell.
    Is it safe to park it somewhere with a lot of passing traffic & stick a big for sale sign up?

I've just recently sold my car. Had it in the buy & sell for a couple of weeks, only 1 or 2 calls.
    Put it on Carzone last Wed evening, it was sold less than 24 hours later, so I couldn't sing higher praises for Carzone, which is why your situation is even more confusing to me :confused:

• Advertisement

I'll take better photos when I'm home at the weekend.

When I first put it on car zone I had it at €5000 which was the lowest price than . So have being bringing it down all the time. cant really afford to go any lower but than cant afford not to sell it either so dont know what to do.

heres a list of 2000 and 2001 ka's on carzone http://www.carzone.ie/usedcars/index.cfm?fuseaction=search&sortby=PriceAsc&maxrows=100&Make=Ford&MakeID=9&Model=KA&ModelID=80&Year_Min=2000&Year_Max=2001&GroupID=738
    mine is still the third cheapest out of nearly 40 cars. I am afraid that if i make it too cheap people might think there is something wrong with it.

I live out in a small village near skerreis so really isnt anywhere safe to leave with a for sale sign. there is no where i can think off that would get alot of traffic.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,402 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

As others have said, it seems to be a fairly priced car, pics in a nice location on a sunny day might help generate more interest. Maybe also put something like great learner car, low insurance or something like that.

Learner drivers (such as myself last year) are drawn to these types of ad's , at least I was. Also excelant condition inside and out could become, no scratches on paintwork , inside car clean/spotless , non smoker etc.

I'm suprised you haven't had more interest tbh, buyandsell.ie is certainly an idea too - bargain hunters like that site (and someone is going to get a nice little car at a nice price so it qualifys!) and its free to advertise on.

One other thing, maybe omit to mention the amount of owners - 3 since 2001 isn't huge but might
    make some wonder why people keep selling after owning for less than two years on average - once they've had a test drive and seen it in the flesh thats not likely to be an issue.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭Darando

Agree about photos. Something that I like to see is as many photos as I can. e.g front, rear, side,inside, dash, mileage, boot, etc.... Just a thought. The more interest you can generate the better and photos can help you. Not sure though of the limit on carzone.

All the best.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,455 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Funny reg might be putting buyers off, MN not too common

• Registered Users Posts: 65,412 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

I'm surprised there's no interest in your car. The price is right. You wouldn't want to put a very low price on it, as people might get suspicious. How long has it been on carzone.ie and the buy and sell? Put it up on cbg.ie and motornet.ie and driving.ie too. This last one is powered by carzone.ie, but it also features an ad in the driving section of the (paper) Sunday Times, an increasingly popular sunday paper

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭shoegirl

You could sell to a dealer, though unfortunately what they will offer you for a cash sale will be pretty poor. I sold a car to Windsor Airport a few years ago, no problems.

I'm after re wording the ad

I already have it in buyandsell and cbg. for a good few months now.

might try driving around to few local dealer over the weekend if I get the chance.

Thanks to everyone for your advice hopefully it will sell soon, as its really doing my head in at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭Wolverine_1999

Unbelievable what some of those rip off cowboy dealers are asking for the same car, nearly twice the price..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭Jumanji

colm_mcm wrote:
    Funny reg might be putting buyers off, MN not too common

Yea, the reg is hilarious!!!:rolleyes:

FFS, who'd be put off buying a great wee car by the letters printed on the reg.

Oh, & how common the reg depends on where you're from. I see sh!tloads of them everyday!!!!!!:D :p

• Registered Users Posts: 15,402 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

judesherry wrote:
    I'm after re wording the ad

I already have it in buyandsell and cbg. for a good few months now.

might try driving around to few local dealer over the weekend if I get the chance.

Thanks to everyone for your advice hopefully it will sell soon, as its really doing my head in at this stage.

Like the rewording!, a couple of nice pics on a sunny day against a nice backround and I bet you'll have it sold in no time :)

Oh, one other thing, maybe reword the ad title.Ford KA isn't really eye catching, see what this stealer is calling his one http://www.carzone.ie/usedcars/index.cfm?fuseaction=car&carID=412522 , you should maybe try a variation like "Ford KA 1.3L Perfect/Spotless etc Condition" (choose something you might say)

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

Jumanji wrote:
    Yea, the reg is hilarious!!!:rolleyes:

FFS, who'd be put off buying a great wee car by the letters printed on the reg.

Oh, & how common the reg depends on where you're from. I see sh!tloads of them everyday!!!!!!:D :p

The guy selling the car is in Dublin, and I know from experience that Dublin people are very unlikely to buy non Dublin cars over D reg's.

In this price bracket this shouldn't matter, but that's just the way people round here seem to think.

Also, there's no shortage of Ka's on the market at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭BoozyBabe

colm_mcm wrote:
    Dublin people are very unlikely to buy non Dublin cars over D reg's.

Says a lot about Dubliners TBH!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭blastman

That's true. Thought it was one of the stupidest things I'd ever heard when someone told me a dealer said it to them when they were trading in a non-D reg car.

I live in Dublin and I bought an MN reg, and I've survived.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

BoozyBabe wrote:
    Says a lot about Dubliners TBH!!

Most car buyers are stupid. Think of how many you know who won't pay for a/c but will pay for big shiny alloys. These people buy cars for the reactions of others, and Monaghan plates don't really figure in the desired image.

driving a Ka is embarassing enough!

• Advertisement
Advertisement