Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Speed limits and no one obeying them

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

Since im from the area i know the roads well!!
    The reason the N4 is now 80kph is because its not longer the N4 its not and R route. When the motorway opened i did post about this thinking the same.. its to get people on the motorway and pay the money.. however i was told as much..

Yes Tyrellspass to Mullingar is nuts.. Only reason its 100kph is its a National road.. N32 i think...

No actual thought to speed limits in this country!!!

Leaving Rochfortbridge (where i live) heading to Dublin ont he N6 its 100kph.. the opposite direction is 80kph.. same road....
    Same with Navan road. from castleknock roundabout its 100kph.. heading the other way on the dual carriageway its 80kph..

I can understand some of the thinking. 100 heading away from city... 80 heading in though is there a need for it to be so long at a lower speed? It just adds to confusion.. if the same road has different limits depending on what direction you travel.. it just makes us think that none of our speed limits make sense so why should we bother?

Advertisement