Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wellies

• 11-07-2006 11:20am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭

I'm not sure if this is the right board so feel free to delete it/move it to a relevant place.

I was at Oxegen over the weekend and because of the rain I bought myself a pair of khaki green wellies. I don't think I'll ever wear them again so I was hoping to customise them to make them a bit more fashionable.

I was hoping somebody could give me some advice of what paints to use and what not to use. I was also wondering what I could use as a finish to give the wellies a shiny look that would also stop the paint chipping off. Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

Acyrlics should work grand on it.

Pva or a varnish will do for a finish if you ain't wearing them again!

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭artieanna

Yes would use acrylic paints and a permanant acrylic varnish available in art shops and you'll be able to wear them! Paint/varnish will wear or fade in time with use. You could also make/get cutouts of leather or rubber (durable and colourful) and get shoe maker to stitch them on.

Advertisement