Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

2.50/2.60 firmware downgrader released

• 11-07-2006 11:24am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭

I'm surprised nobody's mentioned this here yet, but last week the psp hacking scene finally figured out how to flash 2.5/2.6 PSP's back to versions 1.0 and 1.5. A copy of GTA liberty city stories is required - one of the older ones, not the newer prints of it where the bug exploited by the firmware downgrade has been patched. Also, certain brand new PSP hardware won't work with this downgrader.

Full info: http://pspupdates.qj.net/2-5-2-6-Downgrader-FINAL-Released-/pg/49/aid/57717

I tried it myself on my 2.01 PSP - upgraded it to 2.5 and then used this method to downgrade back to 1.5 - scummvm goodness without fooling about with GTA save games, eloader etc every time.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Stephen, can I ask where you got your 2.5 firmware? Cos im in the same boat as you were, I have a 2.01 version.

The downloads section on qj.net has the 2.5 firmware EBOOT. It says north america on it but it worked fine for me.

Was your PSP bought in Ireland though?

Yeah, in gamestop. It was a 2.01 out-of-the-box.

• Advertisement

Cool im gonna give it a blast then! If it goes wrong im coming after you!!

EDIT: Okay I now have a 2.6 PSP, but I'm at a loss as to how to continue. I downloaded the Downgrader Auto file, and it says to Copy the folder the DOWNGRADER/2.50/DOWNDATERTEST if you have 2.50
    or DOWNGRADER/2.60/DOWNDATERTEST if you have 2.60 to /PSP/GAME/ in your memstick but there is no Downgrader folder in what I downloaded just DOWNDATER FINAL AUTO EBOOT.
    Could someone please walk me through this step by step because I really havent a clue what's goin on.

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭juanjo

the one you have detect automatically which version you are using, so no need to worry. But be careful with it, if you use it (through the eloader that loads through the GTA savegame) and you don't have the 1.50 dump it will brick ur psp. this mentioned dump is like 20 mega. have u got it?

Nope dont think so!?

well u need a dump of it. don't try to do the firmware downgrade if you don't have all the stuff and know what to do otherwise u'll brick ur psp. there's a pack i have with all the necessary, goes step by step, the bad news, it is in spanish... any knowledge of the conquistador language?

juanjo wrote:
    well u need a dump of it. don't try to do the firmware downgrade if you don't have all the stuff and know what to do otherwise u'll brick ur psp. there's a pack i have with all the necessary, goes step by step, the bad news, it is in spanish... any knowledge of the conquistador language?
    Nope none at all! From reading the guide on QJ forums it seems I need a folder called Downdater, which should include all that I need to downgrade. Though I cant seem to find this folder anywhere to download.

• Advertisement

slurms, sent u a private message.

any luck with the package, slurms?

Yeah worked a treat! You not get my pm?

didn' t check :o i just read it, happy it went fine. any question feel free to contact. :D:D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,469 ✭✭✭weeder

Stephen wrote:
    t how to flash 2.5/2.6 PSP's back to versions 1.0 and 1.5. A copy of GTA liberty city stories is required
    1.0???? explain

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

You can do it but its pointless, it run alot less stuff than 1.5 and has no extra benefits.

it allows you to run unsigned code by default. in the 1.5 you need to use the kxploit (that's why you have 2 folders of each app, one of them starting with %)

1.0 is interesting for developers people are considering to create custom firmwares to upgrade 1.0, since it'll run the update even being unsigned. time to time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭jjbrien

Two questions about the downgrader firstly I have a psp version 2.50 but i cant tell what type of motherboard I have how to you tell that?

Also i dont have this folder /PSP/GAME/ on my psp to put in the file. I have two folders in my PSP folder one is SAVEDATA and the other is System. Can abody help me out on this?

Advertisement