Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Motherwolf

• 11-07-2006 11:31am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭

I was in HMV the other day and had to ask one of the staff what music they were playing as it ..., well, it rocked. He said it was Motherwolf and that they were playing in Oxigen. Anyone have the album? Any good?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

It's Wolfmother, I think ;)

http://www.myspace.com/wolfmother

They seem to be the hype band of the moment, meh, sounds ok to me, nothing more, they're not the next Kyuss though :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭punky

Oh right. Wolfmother. No wonder I couldn't find any of their stuff online :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 185 ✭✭damomeasa

hahaha.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,324 ✭✭✭Alter-Ego

I heard they put on a good show at oxegen, not crazy about them, the whole power riffin' thing aint my thing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭Da Bounca

They rock.
    Australian group.
    Check out their track Minds Eye, fantastic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,461 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

They were great at Oxegen. The keyboardist was so into it. Keyboards go up, keyboards go down and so on and so on! Am getting their album tomorrow. Cant wait. I know they arent the most original band out there at the moment, but they sure beat most of the crap that has come out lately

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭The Free Man

yeah the keyboard/bassist was giving it socks, looking forward to them in november. theyre pretty far out.

haha, motherwolf.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,461 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

I wont be able to see them. Not a chance in hell my parents will let me go out on a school night in 6th year. Sad but what can I do. Shall be at Muse a few days before anyway. But i really wanna see wolfmother rockin out at the olympia

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭OctavarIan

Don't see what all the fuss is about. Hate this style of music. They sound like a simple man's Mars Volta.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,437 ✭✭✭Crucifix

OctavarIan wrote:
    Don't see what all the fuss is about. Hate this style of music. They sound like a simple man's Mars Volta.
    Wow, I wouldn't say they're much like the Mars Volta.
    I kind of like em. Good background at a party kind of music.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 223 ✭✭Anarking

One of them has an afro...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 337 ✭✭odhran

Anarking wrote:
    One of them has an afro...

As good a reason as any for liking them! I think we should petition the band to change their name to Motherwolf...

Advertisement