Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problem with Eircom Broadband Wireless

• 11-07-2006 12:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13

Hi,

I have been using the standard eircom Netopia 3347NWG router with my wireless adaptor on my pc and also my hanhled pc. IT has been working fine for months and suddenly on saturday the connectivity went and the message appeared " limited or no connectivity". I ran a 10m patch lead from the router to the built in network card on my pc and the connection is perfect.

what could be casuing this problem? It is with the wireless part of the router? Should I get a new one?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭BaldiePablo

Are you now getting no wireless activity at all? If not then the wireless part of your 3347 is probably gone for a walk. If you contact eircom directly I'm sure they'll exchange the modem for you if it's faulty. If you're getting DSL Sync via ethernet then it's not your DSL itself

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

I've the same router. Recently, I bought a Wireless TV Sender, and I've discovered the two are mutually exclusive. The Wireless TV blocks the Broadband, in exactly the same manner as you say. I wonder if a Neighbour has such a device?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 cobhpirate1980

On my handheld device it says it is picking up a signal but the signal is weak.

We have a tv sender device but it was working fine for months now and we havent made any adjustments or moved anything.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

You could download netstumbler and see if any of your neighbours are running a wireless network which might be on the same channel as your own. If this is the case you could change the channel - it is probably no harm to do this anyways as it is only a matter of time before someone else locally signs up to Eircom and finds themselves on the same channel.

http://www.netstumbler.com/downloads/

It is not unusual for a wireless connection to drop from time to time - have you tried 'repairing' the connection? Have you checked to see if there is any up to date firmware available for the router?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 cobhpirate1980

Hi Dub45,

I downloaded netstumbler but its only picking up my adaptor.

I also changed the channel but thats not working either.

• Advertisement
Advertisement