Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Ship

Options
  • 11-07-2006 12:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭

This is released tonight, its around $19.99 if you buy after 7pm tonight and a little cheaper before. Its based on HL2 and looks really nice. Hard to explain the concept so have a gander at http://www.theshiponline.com/ for all the info on it.

Also if you have HL2 and havent tried The Hidden mod then I suggest you do so asap.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,848 ✭✭✭✭Zombrex

I've pre-ordered it, came to $18 including tax (not sure what that is in Euros)

From the preview in Edge it looks like a really interesting game idea, and I'm happy to pay the money to support independent developers coming up with new ideas.

We will have to see if enough people sign up for it to make the online experience good. Hopefully it being on the cover of Steam will get a good few takers. I think they maybe should have lowered the price to $10, I think $20 is far too much for what is basically a high standard multi-player HL2 mod.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭Rev Hellfire

Yeah it looks pretty good. I'll stick a server up once its released.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭TheHairyFairy

I'll have a server up this evening Rev to see if this is any good, and I think it will be. Server will be 82.195.136.136:27015.

ah to have a static IP address :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

Wicknight wrote:
    ah to have a static IP address :D
    Or a nice big server in a datacentre....

ph33r.theirishguard.com:27015 will also work should you find it hard to remember ip's :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭BlueDrax

Joined for a quick game last night and the next thing I know it was 1:30am. :D
    Makes a nice change from the usual FPS.
    Quite a few "WTF?" moments but overall, I like it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 390 ✭✭Brock

yup gotta agree with blue drax enjoyable game will take a bit of gettin used too but hopefully the tig server stays in my favourites it never does for hidden stupid steam. Also maybe the server could change to elimination rounds every now and then

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭TheHairyFairy

We may password a server and let the server password be available via #tig.ie. Unfortunatly the server software is unstable at the moment so can crash. Mani admin doenst work either so have to manually admin it.

We have 2 servers up at the moment, however we'll prob drop back to one and run a hidden server instead off and on.

We are also recruiting new players at the moment. Games wise we are primarily a battlefield clan, but you could find us playing anything under the sun from Ship, to iSketch. Join if you want a good laugh.

Fairy

• Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭DonkeyRhubarb

Well I had it preordered and Ive played it for 2 days now and I have to say I quite like it. It's the kinda game that you cant say 'I love that' or 'I hate that'. Im just kinda enjoying it. Ever come across that before? Im enjoying it. Its a fairly original concept in itself.

Im still getting used to the layout of the ships, but once Ive done that, it should get a lot easier! Getting weapons is a lot easier when you know where they are.

So whats your opinions on the ship? What do you think? Loving? Hating? Enjoying? etc

It takes a lot to get into, especailly if you don't bother to read the manual. I was nearly ready to throw my hands up and storm off after the 10th time I had been arrested for taking out my weapon, until I noticed the icons on the right hand side of the HUD signaling if you are being watched by CCTV in that area.

Plus you really need to get used to the lay out of the maps before you can start having fun.

So it takes a bit of getting into. But then so does something like Counter Strike. I'm going to hold my over all judgement of the game until I've played it a bit more and got used to the interface and the maps.

I must say the quality of the graphics is terrible for a game using Source and that cost €18. It is at the standard of amature mod scene level, something like Black Mesa has much better level details and character models. I'm hoping this improves with future updates, because at one point I could have sworn I was playing an Quake 2 or Unreal mod.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭Kristok

new consolevania has a review of this

Advertisement