Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

O2 ISP closedown

Options
  • 11-07-2006 12:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭

Sorry to everyone if this has already been discussed in a thread somewhere but I couldn't find one.

In the absence of broadband in Sallybrook in Cork (don't get me started on this- I was told by Eircom that the sub-exchange would be upgraded in March 2006 and then when I range back in April was told they had no plans to do it - and they still don't as of last week) I signed up to talk talk and used O2 as my ISP with the 021 local access number. This was great. I didn't pay anything extra for my dial up access and all was well for about two months.

Now O2 have shut down their ISP service (they claim to have shut it down in March but in fact it was just done last week). So long story short does anyone know of any working ISP that uses local access numbers instead of the 1890/1891/1892? I tried Ocean free but those numbers are apparently invalid. If not I'll have to start looking at flat rate packages again.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

There are eircom gepographic numbers posted here on an ealier thread. No account needed. I twas free evenings & Weekend per hour on Tele2

Advertisement