Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Rhino TNA promo

• 11-07-2006 12:51pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭

reported on pwinseder.com this Rhino promo, well worth a watch: this link

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

I already put it up in the video thread, but ah sure! Nice promo, although hopefully he doesn't have to go mentioning WWE again soon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭Skud

woops didnt see that :o Ya to paraphrase Heyman, TNA is good but if they stopped whining about what was done to them and how WWe ****ed them over then they'd be better.

Although, in fairness, Rhino's promo this time was addressing something that people wanted to know about, it was topical and recent. The ones they've done before have just kinda been to say how WWE is crap and TNA is great, but this one was about something that has been in the news, if you get me

And he's doin another one on Impact this week! http://www.tnawrestling.com/news/fullnews2.php?all=746 It'd be gas if he wore his ECW title belts out

Rhino burning his ECW title belt: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eOI7zlY6CsE

PWInsider's Mike Johnson called his promo from Impact last night the best promo he's ever done

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭JohnMc1

I really want to get into TNA but can't due to the Jarrett overload.

• Advertisement

The Jarrett overload? Maybe their next ppv would be a good starting point, Jarrett isn't in any of the matches

Fozzy wrote:
    The Jarrett overload? Maybe their next ppv would be a good starting point, Jarrett isn't in any of the matches

He always either has the belt or is chasing the title.

Btw. He's supposed to defend the title against the winner of the 4 way match [Sting, Christian, Samoa Joe and Scott Steiner]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭Stalfos

Yeah Jarret is the only thing holdin TNA back atm. I hope sting gets the title JJ takes some time off. Christian should fall back for a while and then get a bigger push then the one he got last time but i really hope he goes heel again tbh.
    Rhino's promo was really one of his best btw. Much better than the little digs the dubleys (team 3D) give WWE.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,042 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Okay, I haven't watched any TNA as I don't have the wrestling channel but, I always though Jarrett was very entertaining, especially in his WCW days.

He was good on the mic and solid in the ring. Granted he's getting on in years now and should probably let some of the younger guys shine, but wrestlers always try to hang on to their glory as long as possible.

Is there a reason why everyone seems to dislike him now?

Has he gotten worse in the ring or lousy on the mic?

Is there a reason why everyone seems to dislike him now?

Plain and simple. He's overexposed. He's getting the "Please die already" heat because its a well known fact that him and his dad own TNA and its been obvious since the very first episode [he's maybe 5'7-5'8 probably not even 200 lbs legit and he's throwing guys out of a battle royal left and right even guys much bigger than him] that its all about him. Plus he used to be one of those guys that cried about HHH,Flair,Hogan,etc used to hold people down and were hogging the belt and spotlight and here he is doing the exact same thing.
    Has he gotten worse in the ring or lousy on the mic?

He's stale. He's been doing the same shtick for nearly 15 years. He seems to phone in his performances and they all seemed to end the same way [The Guitar shot]

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,042 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Bret Hart did the same thing for fifteen years too, but he gets praised left, right and centre.

If he wasn't hogging the spotlight, would you enjoy his in-ring performances and promos?

It has to better than putting up with Hogan again at Summerslam or Scott Steiner in TNA?

Bret Hart did the same thing for fifteen years too, but he gets praised left, right and centre.

If he wasn't hogging the spotlight, would you enjoy his in-ring performances and promos?

It has to better than putting up with Hogan again at Summerslam or Scott Steiner in TNA?

Bret Hart gets a bye because he was willing to put people over and they left the match looker better than before. Plus not having his dad own WWE was a huge plus. Also Bret paid his dues for years before getting the title. Jarrett had WCW belt handed too him because of his friendship with Vince Russo and the NWA title because his dad owns TNA.

At this point I couldn't anything he does promo,wrestling or otherwise.

Actually I'll take Hogan any day of the week over Jarrett. Atleast Hogan can cut compelling promos and work very well with the right wrestler [find his matches in Japan to see what I mean]

Jarrett and Steiner together is horrible. They are a huge charisma vacuum. Its actually sad to see how far Steiner has fallen ability wise because he couldn't put the steroid needle down. Now he can't lift his finger without tearing something.

Jerry Jarrett hasn't had any involvement with TNA for a long time now, he sold his part to Panda Energy, and they're the majority owners now. I don't dislike Jarrett anymore, I think he's the best heel in TNA apart from Abyss at the moment

There was an interesting interview he did recently where he said he'd like to step back from the main event a bit, and that his long term ambition is to be a face in TNA

TNA are also using Steiner a lot better than WWE ever did, which makes it a lot less painful for me

Fozzy wrote:
    There was an interesting interview he did recently where he said he'd like to step back from the main event a bit, and that his long term ambition is to be a face in TNA

Jarrett must be doing some good drugs if he thinks the fans will ever accept him as a face now. He would have to disappear for a long time for that to happen and even then it will be next to impossible for him to get over as a face.

Advertisement