Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rewiring an Eircom phone socket

• 11-07-2006 1:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 681 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I hope i'm posting this in the right forum, if not, please move it or point me to an already-existing thread that would satisfy my needs..

I need to know how to rewire an eircom phone socket. Nothing Fancy. Just a normal phone socket - no phone watch, call waiting, any sort of crap like that. just phone. Reason being, I need broadband, and fast. It took over half a year in the last place i lived for an engineer to come out to install a line, and this time I don't want to a) pay 120 quid for it or b) wait over half a year for a guy to come out to do 5 minutes' work.

any help would be much, much, MUCH appreciated.
    thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,486 ✭✭✭Redshift

Are you running an extension of your existing line?
    Are you changing out the existing socket?
    What sork of scoket are you rewiring, an eircom one or one you bought yourself?
    It's an easy job to do but you need to give a bit more info.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,669 ✭✭✭mukki

the eircom ones have 2 sets of 3pins one on each side (they do the same thing)

1)use the 3 on the left connect the 2 wires coming in from outside to the first and third pin
    2)if the socket doesnt work, then its back wired, so just swap them

you can now use pin 1 and pin3 on the right to feed another socket in another room

if you die, or blow stuff up, i was just describing the way mine is wired, i'll send flowers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 109 ✭✭MonkMuffet

ye i'd love to know how to run an extension of my existing line....also anyone know how to moce those phonewatch splitters? we got one installed by an eircom guy, and he said only HE can move it....tbh i think this could be bullshi.t....it costs €85 for him to come out and move it so i can see why he said that.

Advertisement