Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sony 50" RVP TV in Powercity

• 11-07-2006 1:36pm
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,230 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Can any one tell me what model this is? The model number power city supply doesnt get any hits on google.ie.

Want to get a review on it if I can.

If any one would like to supply one that would be great.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Ginger

KDFE50A10 (American model number) there is a UK version too

Its a decent TV i have one myself.. Make sure it comes with the stand

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

The lack of PiP and only one HDMI is a shame though.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,230 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Ginger wrote:
    KDFE50A10 (American model number) there is a UK version too

Its a decent TV i have one myself.. Make sure it comes with the stand

Could you post the uk model number.

Dont intend to get HDTV anytime soon.

At the moment just want it for xbox 360 plus digital tv and dvd.

Did the stand come with it?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

This it the UK version of the tv

http://www.sony.co.uk/view/ShowProduct.action?product=KDF-E50A12U&site=odw_en_GB&pageType=Overview&category=TVP+Rear+Projection+TV

It's been mentioned quite a bit in this forum so have a look back through a few pages/do a search

I also have this TV and would think that this price excludes the stand.
    Great TV, no faults, go for it

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,230 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

slave1 wrote:
    This it the UK version of the tv

http://www.sony.co.uk/view/ShowProduct.action?product=KDF-E50A12U&site=odw_en_GB&pageType=Overview&category=TVP+Rear+Projection+TV

It's been mentioned quite a bit in this forum so have a look back through a few pages/do a search

I also have this TV and would think that this price excludes the stand.
    Great TV, no faults, go for it

I've been searching this forum and the web but because the model number power city uses is not much good.

• Advertisement

Just saw from the sony website the tv has PCMCIA Card Slot. What would that do for a tv?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭big_moe

Just saw from the sony website the tv has PCMCIA Card Slot. What would that do for a tv?

in ireland, absolutely nothing.

its for the Uk where they have the freeview or whatever, u can use that slot to update channles or somethin i assume.

actually... just thinking out loud here... u can buy an adapter to use any memory card via pcmcia slot and watch your pictures on the big screen....

moe

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

I have one of these aswell, cracking set. If you need a stand and it doesnt come with one , walk away, they cant be got from sony as they supply all of their sets with stands. So either the stand was lost/broken/stolen etc or they are sourcing them from outside the uk or Ireland.

The stand for the previous model was €849 seperatley so even if you could source one you'd have to allow around €450 - €500 plus delivery. The tv can be got with stand from the like of sony centres/dixons/did for €1849 (sony centre price but I think the others are the same)

BTW the Irish model is KDFE-A11. It doesnt have a freeview tuner, even though it says on the box that it does.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Sony UK, have dropped the price of this TV last month and are also selling the TV with/without the stand.
    I did not realise that it came with the stand when window shopping so was quite prepared to knock up a wooded stand, have to say that the stand does finish if off nicely

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Ginger

Make sure you get the stand.. if you dont man, its very hard to find something that will work for it.

And if you do get the stand, marvel at how the guys at Sony use the box it came in to help you build it... :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭Batesy

Ginger wrote:
    Make sure you get the stand.. if you dont man, its very hard to find something that will work for it.

And if you do get the stand, marvel at how the guys at Sony use the box it came in to help you build it... :)

Agreed. I also have this set and the instructions for putting the stand together are top class! ;)

Advertisement