Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

fake tan

• 11-07-2006 1:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20

hi everyone, im new here and this is my first post ever. what i want your opinion on is fake tan. i get a spray tan done at least once a month and if i dont get it done professionally i will do it myself. what i want to know is how regularly would you guys get it done in a salon cos it is very expensive. if i could afford it i would get it done every week! :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭Femelade

i only get it done professionally if i have an even. ie a wedding cos thats the only time you'd see me really dressed up, other nites when i go out u usually wear boots and jeans and a top, so i might just give my arms and chest a quick doing myself.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭Tazzle

I don't mean to hijack this thread, but.... doesn't it feel weird to be that colour? It's more or less sticking a load of orange coloured dirt all over yourself. And guys, do any of you find it attractive?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 Starbella

Tazzle wrote:
    It's more or less sticking a load of orange coloured dirt all over yourself.

no i never look orange. if its done properly i have a lovely golden glow and everybody comments on how good it looks. i look healthy and natural not orange! :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭Kooli

Any of these threads on fake tan always turn into a bunch of blokes ranting about how they don't fancy girls with fake tan and it looks so awful etc etc

Well my belief is that the girls they are talking about are the oompa-loompa orange girls who put it on badly or put on too much. The girls who do it properly, and only a little bit, the lads probably don't even realise they are wearing it, but do think they look nice!!

I do wear it sometimes, and only a bit, and I wish I didn't have to bother and I wish I looked better without it but the fact is I don't. Everyone looks better with a tan (almost everyone), and its a lot safer to get if from a bottle than to get it from a sunbed or the sun.

Right, rant over...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 172 ✭✭uniquechic

Kooli wrote:
    Any of these threads on fake tan always turn into a bunch of blokes ranting about how they don't fancy girls with fake tan and it looks so awful etc etc

Well my belief is that the girls they are talking about are the oompa-loompa orange girls who put it on badly or put on too much. The girls who do it properly, and only a little bit, the lads probably don't even realise they are wearing it, but do think they look nice!!

I do wear it sometimes, and only a bit, and I wish I didn't have to bother and I wish I looked better without it but the fact is I don't. Everyone looks better with a tan (almost everyone), and its a lot safer to get if from a bottle than to get it from a sunbed or the sun.

Right, rant over...

Seconded!!:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Umaro

Kooli wrote:

Thats a pretty good point actually, some people do overdo it and people automatically think of ww_043.jpg thus ruining the good name of fake tan!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 411 ✭✭Faerie

I agree! If fake tan is done properly it just looks like a natural glow.
    It's the same with foundation. People go on about how awful it looks but I think if these same people realised just how many girls are wearing foundation, they would be shocked.
    All these girls who go around looking bright orange, smelling badly of tan and having terrible makeup lines just give foundation and fake tan a bad name.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 355 ✭✭Aurther Hugh

uniquechic wrote:
    Seconded!!:D
    Thirded .... every thread asking what the best one is or for application tips is always hijacked by ingnorants - fact is; yes we all see fake tan disasters walking around town every day but on the right person, applied correctly and using a good quality product it can seriously do wonders.

Edit - also .... its better than a real / sunbed tan anyday!

Moderation in all things I guess, though I wouldn't go so far as to say it's better than a real tan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 Starbella

thanks to everyone for your response. just wondering though. does anyone here get it applied in a salon on a regular basis. i do about once a month, whereever i have a wedding or a big party or whatever. anyone get it professionally applied more than once a month?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

The laugh of it is, everyone thinks their fake tan is done properly and is undetectable.
    Would any woman ever leave the house if she thought she looked like an umpa loompa or someone with a skin pigment disease?
    It's time to stop the lies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 411 ✭✭Faerie

The laugh of it is, everyone thinks their fake tan is done properly and is undetectable.
    Would any woman ever leave the house if she thought she looked like an umpa loompa or someone with a skin pigment disease?
    It's time to stop the lies.

A girl in my year at school used to say that she knew she looked a little bit orange (well she actually looked a LOT orange!) but that she preferred it to being white.....stupid I know.
    MOST women can look in the mirror and see they look orange or at the very least their mother will tell them! It's just that there are so many girls who are anti-pale!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,437 ✭✭✭Crucifix

I am anti-fake-tan. Pale skinned beauties for the win.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 355 ✭✭Aurther Hugh

Tazzle wrote:
    Moderation in all things I guess, though I wouldn't go so far as to say it's better than a real tan.

...well just in the small respect that it won't kill you or turn your face into a old shoe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭Kooli

Crucifix wrote:
    I am anti-fake-tan. Pale skinned beauties for the win.

I guess that's part of my point. If most of us girls were 'pale skinned beauties' we wouldn't wear the stuff!! We can't all have porcelain clear skin that looks beautiful pale - most people look better with a BIT of a glow (and I really mean just a bit).

It's like the guys who prefer girls with no make up. They are talking about the beautiful girls who look gorgeous with no make up. Even I can recognise that phenomenon and I can see it in some of my mates. But for the average, or slightly above or below average looking girls, we do NOT look better without make up, so it cannot be a broad sweeping statement like that that 'girls look better without make up'!

...well just in the small respect that it won't kill you or turn your face into a old shoe.

Oh, you've bought into that particular band wagon then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,838 ✭✭✭Doomspell

I just lie out in the garden. But if its the start of summer and I'm white. Johnsons Holiday Skin it pervect! The fact that its a mosturiser is really handy aswell! But as with all taning products, if you use too much you look orange. I only used it the week coming up to the summer so then I wouldn't look orange.

Advertisement