Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advent Children

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,688 ✭✭✭grimloch

imo that remix rocked and i'd LOVE to hear an album by them[ do they have any released over here or can they be bought on import ?]

You can get imports of some of their stuff on www.cduniverse.com and on ebay obviously.

But holy f*cking Christ they're expensive on cduniverse.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

Well i for one thought the fight scenes were actually pretty nice,
    I didn't like them because firstly they looked like normal fight scenes...in fast forward. And secondly, the ridiculousness of everybody being able to 'fly'?
    OMFG how could you not like that !!.
    I didn't like it because...well, I didn't like it the way I don't like hearing dance remixes of other classic songs.

I checked it out...their cd's aren't that expensive on cduniverse...considering they're imports.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

OMFG how could you not like that !!. The Black Mages would have your head for saying such blasphemous words hehe, imo that remix rocked and i'd LOVE to hear an album by them[ do they have any released over here or can they be bought on import ?]
    The Black Mages are way overrated.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,408 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

SofaKing wrote:
    The Black Mages are way overrated.

No they aren't, they're just plain sh*t.

Thought the soundtrack to Advent Children was bad but not as bad as the film itself. The rock version of One Winged Angel was blasphemy.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

Well, I was trying to be diplomatic, but i guess you put it more eloquently, Retro :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

Personally I thought AC was a great homage to the game, the characters are exactly as I remember them, the fight scenes were beautiful tbh (to anyone who thought flying was annoying, I suppose Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon is a crock of sh*t too!) and the music was brilliantly composed, my favourite being the rock version of One-Winged Angel.

As for the storyline, it was never going to be as indepth as we may have liked as 1. its a two-hour movie, not a 60 hour game and 2. any movie based on a separate source needs to be accessible to non-fans also.

In fairness, it's not a sequel.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

I love the soundtrack, would like to get it. Hmm, actually I must watch this again, very entertaining.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭OctavarIan

I really love Advent Children. So what if the plot is weak, it was really great to see everything and all the characters in such brilliant detail. The way the characters were introduced reeked of fanservice? So what? I don't know any fans who were disappointed with that aspect. The fights scenes may have been unrealistic, but if they were gonna be realistic they may have well have used real-life characters, which would have been really weird. (some glorified cosplay movie) I really enjoyed the fight scenes, they were very fast and exciting.

As for the soundtrack. It's probably the best soundtrack to a movie I have ever heard. All the remixes sound fantastic, and I can't knock a single track. The power in some of the songs is incredible.
    The Black Mages would have your head for saying such blasphemous words hehe, imo that remix rocked and i'd LOVE to hear an album by them[ do they have any released over here or can they be bought on import ?]

afaik The Black Mages didn't do any of the remixes for the soundtrack. Just Nobuo did. And I actually don't like the black mages remixes all that much, they lack the power of the AC ones.

OctavarIan wrote:
    The way the characters were introduced reeked of fanservice? So what? I don't know any fans who were disappointed with that aspect.

I completely fail to believe that anyone was impressed by what was at best a series of cameo appearances during which the characters in question only did or said something very basic that attempted to sum up their personality. That last part was unclear so I'll give you an example. Do you remember the part where Yuffie dropps in from the sky, perhaps at the start of the bahamut scene? Once she lands she covers her mouth with her hand, as if she was going to throw up, echoing some comment about flight sickness made during the actual game.

There may well have been something about materia aswell, I'm not entirely sure.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭OctavarIan

grimloch wrote:
    I completely fail to believe that anyone was impressed

Well that's your problem.

And I never mentioned anyone being impressed by it. I wouldn't expect anyone to be impressed by it, it's textbook stuff. But I don't know anyone who watched it and was disappointed by seeing the other playable characters make some sort of an appearance. It would be asking a lot to have all the characters playing a more prominent role, and leaving some out would spark fanboy riots. You can't satisfy everyone eh? :rolleyes:

I find it a bit odd that people wouldn't be disappointed by "textbook stuff" as you refer to it as.

I don't see why the characters couldn't make a more prominent role, it's a damn sight better than shoehorning them in for the sake of shoehorning and it's quite clear why they were shoehorned in in the first place.
    You can't satisfy everyone eh?:rolleyes:

Lol.:D I'm fully aware that I have my tent pitched in the minority camp here.

grimloch wrote:
    Once she lands she covers her mouth with her hand, as if she was going to throw up, echoing some comment about flight sickness made during the actual game.

There may well have been something about materia aswell, I'm not entirely sure.

She asked Tifa, 'who's been messin with my materia?'

I agree that they were shoe-horned, but their roles weren't that much more prominent then they were in the game. In my opinion anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

Ill admit as well the story was very confusing in some aspects, like the geo-stigma and how it came about, but isnt there a movie/game being released called "crisis core" that explains the events leading up to the movie? The only part(s) of the movie that i liked were the Bahamut and Sephiroth scenes. The rest was more dragged out dribble. However i still enjoyed it so it gets a yay from me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 954 ✭✭✭DarthWraak

Ive seen crisis core. It only shows what happened to Cloud and Zack in more detail than in the game.

Agreed. Bahamut and Sephiroth scenes make the movie worth watching.

Advertisement