Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I Miss the old days!!

• 11-07-2006 3:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭

Not really up on the metal scene in dublin nowadays, but I remember back in the mid nineties or thereabouts, there seemed to be so much activity band wise.
    I know that Primordial did well sticking to there guns, but where oh where are the rest of em. The likes of Fifth Dominion, Thy Sinister Bloom, Synapse, Afterlife, Doosame for gods sake.
    What are these boys up to now? Tell me!!!
    And does anyone remember the free Saturday afternoon gigs in The Rock Garden?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

We're getting more international and national metal gigs than ever these days, it's phenomenal, just keep an ear to the ground.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭Agent Steel

There are local Metal bands playing around Dublin 2-3 times a week for the most part. And that's excluding the international gigs of which there's been a phenomenal upsurge in recent times. They scene in Dublin is very healthy. As the person above me said, keep your ear to the ground.

Or better still, visit www.metalireland.com and check out the "Gigs forum".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

If you want excellent irish metal go to Day of Darkness ( http://www.dayofdarkness.com/ ), its on once a year, and assuming you didnt go to it, it was on last weekend so you missed it (I missed it this year too, currently suffering from Bronchitis), it usually has an excellent collection of Irish metal bands backed up by international bands (last year Rotting Christ headlined :eek:) and its most definately worth going to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 299 ✭✭Oobie

scubagit wrote:
    And does anyone remember the free Saturday afternoon gigs in The Rock Garden?

Loved it! Used to have to sneak upstairs for drink!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭Ph3n0m

Pugsley wrote:
    If you want excellent irish metal go to Day of Darkness ( http://www.dayofdarkness.com/ ), its on once a year, and assuming you didnt go to it, it was on last weekend so you missed it (I missed it this year too, currently suffering from Bronchitis), it usually has an excellent collection of Irish metal bands backed up by international bands (last year Rotting Christ headlined :eek:) and its most definately worth going to.

except this year it was literally ****, since some morons tipped over the portaloos within the camp area, so there was crap everywhere - I know a lot of people left after that happened. Plus they did under-estimate the number of people who required camping

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭IamMetaldave

scubagit wrote:
    Fifth Dominion

They went on to be Arcane Sun, and since split I think.

Advertisement