Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Bmw Ecu

Options
  • 11-07-2006 3:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭

Seems like the Ecu is gone in my car, my Mech quoted me about 700-800 euro...And said he might even send it over to England???????? I have no immob in my car my friend said i could pick one up second hand for about 150-200 and fit it easy?? Are these the going prices for Ecu?

Comments

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,749 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

You could also try eBay UK. What year & model of car is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭PowerHouseDan

Its a 94 e36 316i

I just had a quick look on eBay for you. Nobody's selling one for a 316i at the moment but, just to give you an idea of what's available, there is a brand new 318i one for STG£50 & £15 postage. If I were you, I'd look again over the next few days.

What price are they new. Like did my Mech quote me a right price for them new?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭bucks

Ring up the likes of Joe Duffy and another BMW garage for a quote to compare.

There is a crowd in South Tipp who only scrap BMW's the majority of which are E36's , Wises of Cahir : 052 - 65239 , worth a shot if anything.

What price are they new. Like did my Mech quote me a right price for them new?

They'll be crazy money new. If you told me your mechanic had quoted you €1,200 for a new ECU, I wouldn't be inclined to disbelieve him.

Well he quoted me 700-800... But apparently they are hard to find second hand?

Well he quoted me 700-800... But apparently they are hard to find second hand?

I'd imagine so. But that's the beauty of eBay, it's so big that you can often find the most obscure things at very good prices. I'd imagine that 318i ECU I mentioned costs the same as yours new, but that's going for €100 all-in.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

The thing with the 316 is, was it ever sold in the UK? If not, its going to be a lot harder to find one on ebay, unless one from another model will suit.

• Advertisement

Yeah it was sold and in the Uk i am 100% Sure

Advertisement