Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Portugal

• 11-07-2006 3:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,115 ✭✭✭

FIFA award for most entertaining team.

Are FIFA serious ?

Entertaining ????

They almost ruined the World Cup.

I would never let Portugal and their pathetic diving back on a football pitch anywhere.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Argentina or Mexico were much more deserving than that over-hyped bunch of cheats.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭BolBill

Any team that puts England out on their ear is good for me :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,800 ✭✭✭county

easy there bolbull;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 844 ✭✭✭casanova_kid

Portugal were hardly entertaining, their game against Mexico was the only truly entertaining game with them involved in it, and that's because Mexico went out and attacked them.
    Their knock out games were awful, the game against Holland was a farce, full of bad temper, feigning and poor unimaginative attacking(mostly from the dutch admittedly)
    Their game against England was dramatic, but not a great game at all while the match against France was up there with the most boring games of the competition.
    Fifa awards are always complete and utter politically, comercially motivated rubblish. What is the point in the most entertaining team award anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,703 ✭✭✭Bacchus

What were FIFA smoking when they were watching the Portugal games I wonder.

There wre much more entertaining teams in this World Cup. I really enjoyed the Argentina and Spain games. Ecuador and Ghana were great to watch too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭bucks73

FIFA must have a hard on for Portugal for some reason. Why else would a bunch of boring cheats get this award, Figo left unpunished for a headbutt and absolutely no cards shown for diving from any of the refs.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,232 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Wow....now I know FIFA are stupid. Saw their games against Iran, England, France and Germany. The only one I enjoyed was the second half of the Germany game, which was down almost compltetly to Germany attacking. The French and England games put me to sleep

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭Chakar

Pal wrote:
    FIFA award for most entertaining team.

Are FIFA serious ?

Entertaining ????

They almost ruined the World Cup.

I would never let Portugal and their pathetic diving back on a football pitch anywhere.

Must have been C. Ronaldo, he was so emotional the whole time.I'm wishing that Lawsoc in UCD could withdraw their honourary life membership they gave him.What a disgrace.

Advertisement