Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cats and guinea pigs

Options
  • 11-07-2006 4:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 21

Hello,

I have a lovely cat looking for a home at the moment (got him as a possible companion for my indoor cat, but they hate each other), a friend of a friend would take him but is wondering how he would get on with her guinea pigs ?

Any ideas as to how cats and guinea pigs get along with each other...if at all ??

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 498 ✭✭Arcadian

It all depends on the individual cat, i'm assuming they wouldn't be left alone together either way.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

Wether the cat gets on well or not with the piggies, the pigs must have a cat proof enclosure and never be left alone together. Even if cats are friends with small critters instinct can be too much sometimes. Not saying they can't get on but the guinea pigs would have to be kept safe, it is possible but even with wire cages a cat could drag a piggy towards them and do damage. So yes they can live in the same house but never be left unsupervised.

Advertisement