Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best place to buy 42" Plasma on internet

• 11-07-2006 4:14pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭

Where's the best place to buy a good 42" Plasma on the net?

Heard of:
    Katronics.de
    pixmania
    komplett
    etc...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭quazzy

jones wrote:
    Where's the best place to buy a good 42" Plasma on the net?

Heard of:
    Katronics.de
    pixmania
    komplett
    etc...

Well, From what I heard the cheapest place is most likely Katronics.de

I'd think komplett and pixmania would be pretty close also.

I've heard a few bad reports about customer service in pixmania - but if nothing happens with your purchase then your not goin to care about it.

I've ordered from komplett a few times and never had issues. I got a DVD recorder and some other bits and bobs - not a tv though.

I know for a fact that Maxwell ( who frequents these boards often) bought a 42" plasma from Katronics so if he's around he'll probable give some advise.

Or the best option is to use the boards search function for katronics - and maybe look for Maxwells posts

Good Luck

Q

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭jones

thanks quazzy..i've used pixmania and komplett before..i agree about pixmania they seem a bit on the incompetant side if you ask me. got a phone off them and the first order was just an empty box although they did resend the package immediately without any questions asked. komplett are a great site have gotten a lot of pc components off them jsut wasnt sure about them tv wise...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭quazzy

jones wrote:
    thanks quazzy..i've used pixmania and komplett before..i agree about pixmania they seem a bit on the incompetant side if you ask me. got a phone off them and the first order was just an empty box although they did resend the package immediately without any questions asked. komplett are a great site have gotten a lot of pc components off them jsut wasnt sure about them tv wise...

Yeah, I can unstand your reluctance to order a TV from the web, I didn't...

But a lot of ppl have had success and saved loadsa €€€€€

Good luck with it and post back on what you decide to buy.

Regards

Q

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭jones

i will do although you may be in for a wait i wont be getting the tv till christmas just doing some early investigating you see ha.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 867 ✭✭✭Maxwell

Hi there Jones,

As Quazzy said, I purchased my 42" Plasma from katronics and it went like a dream and I saved myself a fortune. €4,500 (harvey norman compared to €2,700 from Katronics ......and that was delivered to my front door. (saving:1,800)

That said, I did my research first - checked reviews of the set I was buying to ensure that it was one of the best out there and then knew it would be good when delivered (also seen it in the flesh and working in Harvey Normans - so visually I liked it)

Wish you the best - if you need any other info (i.e. bank transfer required instead of cc) - give me a shout.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

I got a quote of ScreenMaxx.de there the last day, u can put in your own price and they will email you back with a reviewed "Best Price"

Let us know how u get on with Katronics. Time take and that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

I wouldnt recommend pixmania for such a big item.
    Their CS is quite crap to say the least.

Komplett I would use over pixmania, purely because they have an interaction forum here, which is better than pixmanias crap email system.

Hope all works out for ya ;)

Advertisement