Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New Smart Product BB+ LR + ALL Landline Calls For €45.99 PM

• 11-07-2006 6:16pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭

Residential only lest anybody get twitchy at that price. Its not just off peak calls.

http://www.smarttelecom.ie/broadbandplus.htm

Calls to mobiles and international not included. Dunno about 1890 and 1850 numbers. Smart do NOT do bank and public holiday discounts may I remind yiz. You pay weekend or weekday rates all year around.

Could I point out that elderly persons who are at home a lot could actually use this package if they did not have any BB at all. Thats because all the other eesidential packages I know of are limited or off peak only .

from the Smart FAQ
    Q. What happens if I receive free line rental from the Social Welfare?

A. You will still receive your allowance from the Department of Social and Family Affairs. Your allowance of €20.41 will be deducted from your monthly Smart Telecom phone bill.

The elderly person would have unlimited landline calls within Ireland for €25.50 a month and 3Mb BB as well , if they wanted it :D

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

So for €46 a month you get broadband, line rental and local/national calls...?? Off peak as well as peak?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,858 ✭✭✭paulm17781

How does that compare to the competition? Is it much better (in terms of cost) than BT?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

paulm17781 wrote:
    How does that compare to the competition? Is it much better (in terms of cost) than BT?
    The equivilant from BT, 3meg BB, local & national calls & line rental will cost you around 64euro.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 68,370 Mod ✭✭✭✭Grid.

Hey Sponge Bob it doesn't mention whether line renthal is included??

Gridlock wrote:
    Hey Sponge Bob it doesn't mention whether line renthal is included??
    This particular package includes BB. If you have Smart BB, you have "Free Line Rental, Forever" as they say.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭MunsterCycling

Maybe clicky the linky and you'll find you'll find out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

I've not been paying attention to the telecomms industry for a while now, are Smart still going strong or are the rumours I've heard of them struggling financially somewhat true?

Don't wanna switch only for them to go belly up six months down the line.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

It does not matter PiE . They have acquired sufficient customers that they would be a going concern if sold. Your concern may have been valid when they only had a few 100 DSL customers in about 3 exchanges in Dublin but its not any more.

Its a great deal and well worth €46 a month. The equivalent eircom 3Mb DSL is €54 a month and the talktime package is €40 a month so they are just under half of what eircom would charge, €94 a month for unlimited landline calls, line rental and 3Mb DSL

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

Cheers Sponge Bob, I'll definitely be considering it so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,465 ✭✭✭MOH

It looks like a good deal, although it's a 12-month contract, and the 45.99 is a "promotional offer for a limited period".

There's no indication of how long that's for, or how much it might cost afterwards.

• Advertisement

MOH wrote:
    It looks like a good deal, although it's a 12-month contract, and the 45.99 is a "promotional offer for a limited period".

There's no indication of how long that's for, or how much it might cost afterwards.

After just speaking to a rep the regular price is €49.99 a month, but if you sign up during the promotional period it will be 45.99 a month for your entire contract (12 months). I didn't bother ask how long the promotional period is running however as I'd likely be told it was shorter to get me to agree etc.

There are catches; your number would change and you have to be on eircom to switch back, which I just can't understand (but this is Ireland after all). The latter really soured the deal for me, I'm on esat, so I'll need to switch to eircom momentarily and then onto smart?? Odd; still a good deal IMO, but slightly less so now than it was earlier.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Blaster99

It's worse than that. If you have broadband currently, you have to cancel it before you can order Smart and then you will have to wait for the month and a bit it's likely to take eircom to unbundle your line to get Smart's service. All this is eircom's fault, by the way.

Blaster99 wrote:
    It's worse than that. If you have broadband currently, you have to cancel it before you can order Smart and then you will have to wait for the month and a bit it's likely to take eircom to unbundle your line to get Smart's service. All this is eircom's fault, by the way.

No broadband.... for a month?

Jesus I hate Eircom; maybe the new guy will realise their dirty tricks are doing them more harm than good, but I doubt it.

flogen wrote:
    No broadband.... for a month?

Jesus I hate Eircom; maybe the new guy will realise their dirty tricks are doing them more harm than good, but I doubt it.
    A month if you're really, really lucky. More likely to be a lot longer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,707 ✭✭✭skywalker

Dear god Id like to take them up on that offer. Is the number porting thing ever likely to be resolved?

by august claim Comreg, august 2009 probably :(

kaizersoze wrote:
    A month if you're really, really lucky. More likely to be a lot longer.

Might tell my folks to do it when I take a long holiday somewhere :D

Sponge Bob wrote:

And what effect would that have on switching over? Would you still need to go from eircom to smart (with the down-period) or would that be resolved (or shortened) too?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,707 ✭✭✭skywalker

Sponge Bob wrote:

Oh really? Cool hadnt heard about it in ages, is the court case still ongoing bob?

I darent get my hopes up of getting smart just yet though.

its not a court case its a big industry discussion forum , see the most recent comreg publications. if it works out then

1. by august numbers will be portable
    2. the undue delays on transferring will be cut down to less than a month

do remember that Comreg are in charge of this and will most likely make ****e of it :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,764 ✭✭✭Valentia

Is this only on Smart enabled exchanges? If not, why do you need a new number??

Advertisement