Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Extra charges buying online?

• 11-07-2006 6:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭

Hi,

I'm interested in buying a 40" LCD television from Pixmania, I believe they are based in France. Are there any other charges, apart from the TV and delivery, that I will have to pay if I get it brought into Ireland?

Cheers.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 999 ✭✭✭Noelie

no, i bought a 26" and there were no extra costs

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭StillBallygowan

Did you buy from Pixmania also or from another site?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 999 ✭✭✭Noelie

yeah pixmania, delivery was quite good too less than a week

• Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭campers

Nope. Just delivery charges.

Their prices are VAT inclusive-- but it's not clear if they're taking 21% for export sales to Ireland; or just levying French TVA (~19.6%).

If you speak any French, log into www.pixmania.fr and check the price there. If you purchase in French, it will still take you to a generic/English checkout.

Pixmania do not guarantee that manuals/documentation will be in English; that it will include local (ie, Irish) setup instructions; or a local telephone support number.

Advertisement