Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rare Nightwish Songs Available For Download

• 11-07-2006 8:34pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭

I had a quick look through the thread titles on this board. Apologies if this has already been posted. I'm not sure if "Sleepwalker" and "Return to the Sea" are the album versions as I'm just downloading them now myself.

From Blabbermouth.net:

Former NIGHTWISH frontwoman Tarja Turunen has posted eight rare NIGHTWISH songs at her official MySpace profile. Download the tracks "Sleepwalker", "The Forever Moments", "The Wayfarer", "Nightquest", "Nightwish", "Once Upon A Troubadour", "A Return to the Sea", and "Lagoon" at this location. The tracks will only be available for download for the next seven days (until July 16).

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Arent some of them on their best of album? Or am I mad? (quite possible)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

Well, you could be mad, I don't know :D I had a look at the track listing of their Best Of here and it doesn't mention any of the songs above.

"Return to the Sea" is on "Angels Fall First", "Sleepwalker" is on "Wishmaster". Some of the others were on single releases I think, especially "The Wayfarer" and "Once Upon a Troubadour". Hopefully someone more knowlegable on Nightwish's back catalogue will fill in the blanks.

Also, on a side note, I've just been sent a link to Nightwish performing "Sleepwalker" on the Eurovision of all things! Check it out here!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

The Sleepwalker track was for the Finnish heats for the Eurovision, they didnt actually qualify. Those tracks arent rare, with the exception of "Nightwish" which was only available on the original EP.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Downloading the ones I don't have, thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭Oeneus

Some of those songs are from their first demo and b-sides of more recent releases.

With the exception on Wayfarer, Lagoon and Nightquest, they're pretty ****e.
    I hate their first demo. Although its kind of worth listening to as Tuomas' vocals are a good laugh.

• Advertisement
Advertisement