Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Class of 88 - The True Acid House Experience Special Edition

• 11-07-2006 8:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭

I've read the oroginal i have it in PDF format and it was the the best ever book ive read about the Rave scene from 1988 when it all started,Wayne Anthony is a legend,im gonna but this though looks amazing with new uncensored stories :)
    Class of 88 - The True Acid House Experience Special Edition is totally revised. Wayne Anthony promoted the Genesis parties in London during the Acid House revolution. This gutsy story documents his experiences at this time. Having worked with Sunrise, Biology, & Energy Wayne Anthony is one of the innovators of Acid House and Rave Parties. Virgin originally censored the stories as they thought they were encouraging readers to indulge in drug rituals. 8 years on from it's original version, this new edition contains new stories and is exclusively available from
    http://www.cafepress.com/classof88

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 760 ✭✭✭ZWEI_VIER_ZWEI

Hardcore You Know The Score

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭jonny68

Hardcore You Know The Score

you know that mate :cool:

peace-love-unity :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭CTRob

Blimey :confused:
    Wouldn't mind getting a copy of this!!!

CTRob wrote:
    Blimey :confused:
    Wouldn't mind getting a copy of this!!!

http://www.cafepress.com/classof88.64464508 buy it frrom here mate i can possibly arrange to get a copy signed from the man himself,money well spent...;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

I read the original a couple of years ago. Good read and great insight into the scene but I thought it could of benifited a ghost writer.
    Class of 88 was originally published by Virgin in 1998 and sold thousands of units. Since then second-hand copies have been selling for up to £135 on E-Bay and £95 on Amazon. This Special Edition is Totally Revised and Contains Lots of New Stories

Of course they have. :rolleyes:
    Sounds like the PR team went into overdrive with that statement.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭Hawk Wing

I read it, I thought some of the "stories" were a bit far fetched to be honest.

Hawk Wing wrote:
    I read it, I thought some of the "stories" were a bit far fetched to be honest.
    ]

Rubbish it's all 100% true why would he want to make up stories,he was one of the first ever promoters of Acid House partys in the UK and believe me this mad sh*t really did happen it's not far fetched at all.

BaZmO* wrote:
    I read the original a couple of years ago. Good read and great insight into the scene but I thought it could of benifited a ghost writer.

Of course they have. :rolleyes:
    Sounds like the PR team went into overdrive with that statement.

They actually were going for that money although i don't know if anyone actually bought it for that money but the class of 88 was a limited release hence the high price until Wayne decided to give it away for free online a PDF version which was a bit difficult to read not the same as a book but once you started reading you couldn't stop i read the whole lot in one nite :o:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭Elfish

Got a link to the PDF then?
    Rush to get sorted!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Elfish wrote:
    Got a link to the PDF then?
    Rush to get sorted!
    Google is your friend.

• Advertisement
Advertisement