Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sacking your management agent?

Options
  • 11-07-2006 8:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭

Sorry, yet another rant at a management company!

Basically here's the problem in a nutshell:

I moved into the apartment in Balbriggan in March of 2005. Wyse were the agents then but were completely useless. It got to the stage that were eventually got to meet them in October of last year but the meeting was far from civilised! In November they decided to 'hand over' the reigns to Smyth Management in Dunboyne. This handing over was a very questionable decision in itself as I thought the residents would have a say. Smith took their time to start doing stuff, like a snag which was never done by Wyse!

But now we've run into more problems with Smiths. The financial accounts ran up until the end of May 31 2006. You would expect the bill to come in at least the month of May. But after numerous calls and them giving their excuses it eventually arrived yesterday €1440, up €400 on last year.

We still haven't had an AGM for last year to see where all the funds went. I know a neighbouring estate has had huge problems with this company (saw it on boards sometime back).

I've done some research and I reckon I'm would be paying at least €450 over the odds e.g..... 2 Bed Penthouse in Grattan Hall, Donaghmede with new CCTV, water feature, electric security gates and lifts costs €1150...... 2 Bed Apartment in The Links, Portmarnock with all the same as Grattan hall, no CCTV but with underground car park and tennis court costs €1050.........3 Bed own door Duplex apartment in Boroimhe, Swords with pretty basic grounds costs €650.

My apartment doesn't have any of this fancy stuff!! Just a common landing area and a bit of grass to be cut.....no lifts, underground car parks etc!!!

As no one has paid yet, can we sack them even though it's a month and a half into the financial year and tender for a new agent/company.

Thanks in advance

Advertisement