Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dreamweaver Stylesheet help

Options
  • 11-07-2006 9:42pm
    Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I want to create a simple stylesheet that sets font sizes, colors, faces etc etc. I'm tearing my hair out trying to work it out myself, perhaps I'm doing something stupid but I can't get it to work. There is nothing complicated, I just want one sheet to link my basic pages to so I don;t have to specify every font style when inside a table...

Can anyone post an example or give me a quick tutorial on how to do it in dreamweaver?
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Open a new document and make sure you have Window-Css at the side.

Click New on the CSS menu and it will ask you for the CSS tag (the class or ID you want). "Define in" will show "New stylesheet" - click OK. It will ask you where you want to save the stylesheet file.

Then you can edit the CSS properties in the css window on Dreamweaver.

Alternatively you can create a new text document with .css extention and add this to your HTML after the title:
    <link href="pathtostylesheet/untitled.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" />

The HTML containing that code will suck styles from "untitled.css".

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

OK I did that, but I set the fone and background color but it does not take affect, What am I doing wrong?

Try save all on the file menu and reload the browser.

Failing that - open up the stylesheet in another window and make direct changes to the stylesheet and save that window. There is another way but I forget.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

no joy, i'm onbiously doing somehting really stupid.

Close dreamweaver and open the html file and the css file up in wordpad.

Post the HTML code here.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭louie

did you include the style sheet properly (path) in your page?

Also try holding down the Ctrl key and press F5 to refresh the page

• Registered Users Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭chabsey

Zascar wrote:
    OK I did that, but I set the fone and background color but it does not take affect, What am I doing wrong?

Fore and background colour of what? Probably the best thing you can do is download TopStyle and use that as your CSS editior, I find the DW editor much more difficult and slow to use.

Anyway, if you're talking about the background colour of the page, you can set that by rewriting the body element. Obviously make sure the CSS is properly referenced in the head of your html page.

Also, if you're talking about altering text inside a table then try the TD or TABLE tags, apply font info to those tags, just to check if your style sheet is working.

Advertisement