Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Italian Quarter

Options
  • 11-07-2006 10:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭

I've seen a few references to the new Italian Quarter recently & I have two questions about it...
    Whereabouts is it?
    Is it just restaurants/bars?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭Inisin

I belive it's also called the cultural quarter. It's just across from the millennium bridge on the north side and yeah, it's mostly resturants and coffee shops with a book and clothes shop thrown in for good measure. An Italian food shop aswell! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

was working on the door of the Morrison at the time Italy won the world cup. The place was full of Italians it was fantastic. The partied there all night . Its a lovely spot for a coffee and I love the mural of the last supper

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 giggidtygig2

Grimes wrote:
    was working on the door of the Morrison at the time Italy won the world cup. The place was full of Italians it was fantastic. The partied there all night . Its a lovely spot for a coffee and I love the mural of the last supper

Yes I've been there a couple of times myself, its a classy spot! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭rachel

Thanks for your replies. Think I will definitely be heading there on my lunch break :)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

Let us know if there are loads of Hot Italian chicks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

don't suppose anyone familiar with the area can help me with the name of a cafe/restaurant there? it's in a large space a bit in from the quays, on the left hand side, past the bean-bag shop as you walk from the quays in towards jervis centre area. probably enough room for about 60 people or so, most tables indoors, a few outside too though. think there's apts. overlooking the clearing where it was situated?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭eclectichoney

lemon jelly is on that side but probably too far up. it must be the fancy italian wine bar type place just before it?? have to agree the italian quarter is a lovely spot espec in the evening time-ish when there's a lovely atmosphere.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

don't think it was a wine bar, could be Lemon Jelly, not totally sure how far in the place was tbh....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭eoineen

This is called Quartier Bloom or just Joyce street really. It is wholly funded by Mick Wallace, the builder, Italio-phile and him who believes life is short, work hard play hard. There are lots of lovely little food stores and restaurants although some of them are expensive than others.

I have a friend living upstairts from Bar Italia (not great as a cafe by the way) and it is a lovely flat above the bridge. Wallace himself keeps a flat above the first place on the left.

Highly recommend it.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,404 ✭✭✭✭Victor

eoineen wrote:
    This is called Quartier Bloom or just Joyce street really.
    No, James Joyce Street (formerly Corporation Street, previously Mabbot Street) is off Talbot Street.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭RE*AC*TOR

Any of these places sell Lardo?

• Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭deedee lepoopoo

Went to the coffee shop/restaurant that is on the Right Hand Side as you come off the bridge. They didn't have cappucino so we said just normal coffee then - didn't have that either - then I said a normal tea -nope. They just have expresso or americano. So much for that!!!!

Not too impressed I have to say.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭RE*AC*TOR

could you not have had an americano - its essentially a "normal coffee"

Advertisement