Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Register .ie

Options
  • 11-07-2006 10:13pm
    Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Yeah, another .ie question :)

A friend is building a website for a band. They want an .ie address and it's only now that they're realising that it isn't as easy as buying a .com address.

What he doesn't know is under what heading a band comes.

Uncorporated Association?
    Natural Person?

It's a band that make money so does that make them a company?

Should they have a company number (RNB) ?

I thought that it'd be "Category 10: Personal Trading Name" but that seems to only refer to a band like www.paulryanmusic.ie or something but not the actual name of the band.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭steve-hosting36

The can register an RBN at www.cro.ie for €30 and get the domain that way. Otherwise, use the discretionary category, and provide some 'collateral' to your registry (cd, tickets, posters, etc, etc)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

Steve...would they fall under Category 10: Personal Trading Name?

I thought that it'd be "Category 10: Personal Trading Name" but that seems to only refer to a band like www.paulryanmusic.ie or something but not the actual name of the band.

EDIT : Ahhh, Discretionary Name...that sounds about right :)

Cheers !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭steve-hosting36

Yep, bands are an 'odd' one :)

Grrr last warning - one more advert and I am banning you for a month - from ph3n0m

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

As long as you can provide proof that the band exists then you can get it, either under "unincorporate association" or something else

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

A band is an unincorporated association. Look at the words:
    • Unincorporated
    • Association
    adam

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭Rollo Tamasi

Ken Shabby wrote:
    A band is an unincorporated association. Look at the words:
    • Unincoporated
    • Association
    See?

adam

they're good words you have there in bullet points, well done, i'm sure the OP can read Michele's post that appeared 12 minutes before your post. Look at the timer:
    • Today, 00:28

Has it always been this easy to be cheeky?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

they're good words you have there in bullet points, well done, i'm sure the OP can read Michele's post that appeared 12 minutes before your post. Look at the timer:
    • Today, 00:28
    Has it always been this easy to be cheeky?

Hmm, for me, it says 23:28, followed by a post at 23:41. That looks like a difference of 13 minutes to me and not 12. Finnicky, I know, but my point is:- if you're going to correct someone, at least try to be correct yourself, when doing so. (...smart-ass!)

What Steve suggested about registering an RBN is probably the most "no fuss" way of securing a .ie domain name.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,886 ✭✭✭cgarvey

No mention of that on your website. In fact the current charge listed on your site is double some of your competitors. Long may the offer last.. assuming it is a genuine offer, just not reflected on the site yet.

.cg

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

they're good words you have there in bullet points, well done, i'm sure the OP can read Michele's post that appeared 12 minutes before your post.
    Michele's post suggested that the domain name could be registered in the Unincorporated Association category. I was clarifying that a band is an unincorporated association, by definition, with an explanation. Happy now?

adam

Advertisement