Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSP Project

Options
  • 11-07-2006 11:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

Hello, I am a newcomer here. And I would like to inform all of you about a little project I'm doing. It is related to the neo flash 4 in 1 memory stick converter, and the use non duo sticks article on pspvault.com. What I am going to attempt
    consists of a Memory Stick PRO slot, an IDE hard drive cable cut down to 10 wires, and the neo flash 4 in 1 memory converter replacement cable. It's very simple, but I fear I might ruin my psp, so that's why I have come here today. I fear something with the voltage might fry my memory stick or my psp. So if anyone can prove my fears wrong. Please post.

Thank you,
    Big-O :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,216 ✭✭✭MrVestek

Big-O wrote:
    Hello, I am a newcomer here. And I would like to inform all of you about a little project I'm doing. It is related to the neo flash 4 in 1 memory stick converter, and the use non duo sticks article on pspvault.com. What I am going to attempt
    consists of a Memory Stick PRO slot, an IDE hard drive cable cut down to 10 wires, and the neo flash 4 in 1 memory converter replacement cable. It's very simple, but I fear I might ruin my psp, so that's why I have come here today. I fear something with the voltage might fry my memory stick or my psp. So if anyone can prove my fears wrong. Please post.

Thank you,
    Big-O :D
    BIG RED FLASHING WARNING LIGHTS!! WOOP... WOOOOP!

Tbh if this *was* possible it'd have been done already by some of the guys over at www.pspupgrades.com or www.psp-hacks.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Big-O

Why did you reply if your not even going to help out, try googling that.
    thishttp://www.psp-vault.com/Article63.psp
    I'm asking the pros btw, and well, maybe you should make your posts a bit more..I don't know HELPFUL.

There's already a 4Gb HDD available for the PSP from Liksang, besides you'd have to include a few capacitors and resistors there to bring the voltage up/down depending on what the HDD needs. Also, current versions of the PSP firmware can't read over 4Gb anyways.

Uh HELLO? ARE YOU STUPID OR JUST IGNORANT. Obviously you haven't done the research and are just posting random crap about my project. If you have done any research on MEMORY STICKS you would have seen that the project i'm doing has nothing to do with POWER I'M CONVERTING MEMORY STICK PRO CARDS TO MEMORY STICK PRO DUO DATA.Google Memory stick pro and Memory stick Pro Duo card pinouts and you'll see how stupid you look. THIS IS NOT A HARD DRIVE.

Do you even know what a memory stick pro looks like?
    Well here's a picture for you 512MB_Angled.jpg
    The whole reason for this mod was to have a lower cost of storage. MEMORY STICK PRO CARDS ARE HUNDREDS OF DOLLARS CHEAPER THEN THE SONY MEMORY STICK PRO DUO CARDS.

Sorry for all the caps but I need to get this point to enter your thick skull.

Big-O wrote:
    Uh HELLO? ARE YOU STUPID OR JUST IGNORANT. Obviously you haven't done the research and are just posting random crap about my project. If you have done any research on MEMORY STICKS you would have seen that the project i'm doing has nothing to do with POWER I'M CONVERTING MEMORY STICK PRO CARDS TO MEMORY STICK PRO DUO DATA.Google Memory stick pro and Memory stick Pro Duo card pinouts and you'll see how stupid you look. THIS IS NOT A HARD DRIVE.

Do you even know what a memory stick pro looks like?
    Well here's a picture for you 512MB_Angled.jpg
    The whole reason for this mod was to have a lower cost of storage. MEMORY STICK PRO CARDS ARE HUNDREDS OF DOLLARS CHEAPER THEN THE SONY MEMORY STICK PRO DUO CARDS.

Sorry for all the caps but I need to get this point to enter your thick skull.
    Ok my bad I got confused when I saw IDE cable I assumed, for some weird reason that you were trying to attatch an IDE Hard Drive to the PSP through the memory stick port. Again I say my bad but there's no need to be such an asshole about it, I actually *do* know my stuff, have hacked my fair share of PSPs (although not something this advanced I admit) and have heard of converting a Memory Stick Pro to fit into the Pro Duo slot, and yes of course I know what I'm talking about in relation to this, I work in a Sony Centre ffs.

• Advertisement

Ok, I apologize about the caps and the name calling, but I would like to ask you a question since you work at Sony. Is there anything different about the pro and duo cards besides the size. I.e voltage,pin positions, different memory transfer code?

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭juanjo

I'M CONVERTING MEMORY STICK PRO CARDS TO MEMORY STICK PRO DUO DATA.Google Memory stick pro and Memory stick Pro Duo card pinouts and you'll see how stupid you look.

Obviously YOU didn't do a big research, Big-O. Nothing is different, only the size. the pinout is exactly the same, and many pro duo come now with an adaptor to stick them in a memory stick pro slot.

http://pinouts.ru/Memory/memorysrick_pinout.shtml

But my advice, ebay a pro duo memory stick, i got a 2 gb sandisk ultra II, checked the speeds and everything and is fine, and it was 60 euro including shipping.

PS: and think twice before flaming, specially when you don't have a clue about what you are talking about.

juanjo wrote:
    Obviously YOU didn't do a big research, Big-O. Nothing is different, only the size. the pinout is exactly the same, and many pro duo come now with an adaptor to stick them in a memory stick pro slot.

http://pinouts.ru/Memory/memorysrick_pinout.shtml

But my advice, ebay a pro duo memory stick, i got a 2 gb sandisk ultra II, checked the speeds and everything and is fine, and it was 60 euro including shipping.

PS: and think twice before flaming, specially when you don't have a clue about what you are talking about.
    ****e sorry I meant to reply to this sooner, the pinout is the same and it's registered with the same device number. Technically the only reason a 4GB duo hasn't been released yet is they're having difficulty compressing a 4Gb chip into such a smaller space, however it's possible on the Pro.

So yeah, less of the flaming when you obviously know feck all about what you're talking about especially when it's your first few posts, that kind behaviour around here leads to a ban pretty quickly.

• Advertisement
Advertisement