Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Found Cat

Options
  • 12-07-2006 12:52am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 26

A beautiful calico tortoiseshell cat, doesnt look very old, in a kind of basement area in front of a house in Mountpleasant Square, Ranelagh, D6. Though seemingly fully grown, it's so emaciated it felt like picking up an old chicken carcass, stripped of all the flesh. I've been nursing it back to health at my flat for the last two days - it's living in my wardrobe and eating tonnes of liver, tuna and ham, drinking many bowls of water. S/he is a very sweet-natured thing that could do with a good home. A passer-by told me it was a street cat that must have got trapped (i'd say it hasnt eaten in weeks and general consensus is that I found it just in time) but i'd say it must have got lost or been abandoned by its owner because it's tame and comfortable indoors. It also has no idea how to fend for itself. If it's yours, please get in contact. If it's not but you want to give it a second chance, do the same. I would love to keep it but there are about a hundred good reasons that mean I can't. I've called it 'Star Wars' :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Should you not be able to find someone, make sure to bring it to your nearest animal shelter. :) Hopefully the owner will be located. The cat might be micro-chipped also so a vet would be able to scan that and find the owners details.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭EGAR

LOST 28 JUN 2006] CAT female Burmese 16 months old, brownish, small, neutered. Sallymount Avenue, Ranelagh, Dublin 6 area contact: 086 2284227

LOST 27 MAY 2006 CAT female mixed colour is a mixture of Browns and blonde; two blonde back paws and a blonde strip on her nose. Medium size Tabby Brown and Blond Hansfield Dublin 15 contact: 087 2075836 01 8614500

CAT female small tortoishell and white (white belly)and very friendly 10 months old so still small neutered and microchipped wearing sparkly denim collar with bell and magnet Connawood Estate, Bray contact: 01 2814825 / 086 812 9745

[LOST 15 JUN 2006] CAT male 5 Years old, neutered male cat,of medium size. He is mainly white with a tortoiseshell/black tail and ears and with black patches on his body. He was wearing a blue collar with a bell whan he went missing. Malahide area contact: 01-8452074/0861678882

[LOST 15 JUN 06] CAT male mixed medium neutered male wearing blue collar with bell. mainly white with black/tortoiseshell ears and tail and a few black spots on body. He went missing in the ard na mara area of malahide. REWARD OFFERED. Malahide, Co. Dublin area contact: 8452074/086 1678882

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

Yes, it's really likely the cat wandered from Malahide to Ranelagh :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 498 ✭✭Arcadian

eth0_ wrote:
    Yes, it's really likely the cat wandered from Malahide to Ranelagh :rolleyes:

Cat occasionally end up miles from home due to hitching a lift in the back removal vans etc. I found one of my own ones curled up having a nap in a trailer when my neighbour was moving house several years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭EGAR

Yep and my postman brought a cat in the back of his van from Dublin to Galway before he even noticed the critter was there. Have you anything constructive to offer to this thread, ethO?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 26 nutgroist

I put up so many 'found cat' notices I forgot to check back on them all - and then I found through a friend of a friend of a friend someone to take her. She lasted five days. Just didnt want to be there, so I had to take her back. She's under my desk now feeling happy and somewhat less resentful of me but as I alluded to in my initial post, I cannot keep her because of the rules of this flat, my work commitments and the fact I may well be leaving the country in the next few weeks unless circumstances change.

I called all the foster homes immediately but they were all full up and the ISPCA said they'd only take her for a few weeks before putting her down. I think that'd be a great shame since she's such a fighter. Weighed 2kg when I found her, weighed 3 last week and making her way up to 4, the required size for an adult cat. She's young but not a kitten, clearly.

And she's definitely a Ranelagh cat cos I've discovered she likes a capful of olive oil every day!

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭Leax

Nutgroist, you could put up a lost ad or home needed on ad on www.irishanimals.com, it has a wide readership

• Registered Users Posts: 940 ✭✭✭Tabitharose

further to what Leax said, the cats aid, kitten adoption, dspca, ispca websites also all have lost & found sections also give your local garda station the details (most have a book with lost pets details) & your local vets - good luck;)

Advertisement