Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

recommend me a anime movie

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Mr. Green Genes

Enjoy it! I certainly did.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭Raziel

I also have New Dominion Tank Police, and a few other sale bargains that I got ages ago, to watch. I haven't watched any anime in a while, actually.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 fragile-ghost

although its not really anime, i highly recommend final fantsy advent children. its a direct sequel to final fantasy 7. but you dont hav to play the game.i didnt.

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭Maddzy

I was a huge fan of FF7 and enjoyed the movie, but I would only ever consider Advent Children as nothing more then an extended final FMV of the game. I mean, it didn't even have a proper plot, as a stand alone movie it really is just flashy rubbish, something Square-Enix love to do these days :(

Sorry if my opinion seems harsh but it is just my opinion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 [[.Akiko™.]]

Tokyo Godfathers is so funny - seriously worth seeing
    And uhm i really really like Appleseed.
    And Sky Blue is another of my favourites. ^-^

Other then movies.....i really like Paranoia Agent and Naruto. =)

But i definately recommend Tokyo Godfathers. ;)
    xxx
    XD

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭pinksoir

well, I'd recommend Perfect Blue and Blood: The Last Vampire too, and strangely enough I'm selling them on Adverts!! http://www.adverts.ie/showproduct.php?product=5920
    if you're interested. The other one I'm selling is a bit weak. But really nice animation - watercolour. Very novel idea.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭AngryBadger

Maddzy wrote:
    In my opinion the first GITS is much better, the second was pretty boring at times and nothing in the first movie was as confusing as the scenes in the lake house place in Innocence.

I thought both films were brilliant, but also totally different in terms of plot, and approach. The overall themes were similar in both cases, but GITS:Innocence definitely pushed the envelope in twisting compartmentalised view of reality we have and how GITS challenges that through explorations of the line between human and machine.

Plus I love stories that don't spoon-feed me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 Ashdown

It's not a movie, but I would recommend Read Or Die the miniseries.

There are three thirty episodes on a single DVD, so you can treat it as a single 1.5 hour movie. The plot is strong and the animation is of high calibre. It has a good sense of action, but the director never lets it overcloak the story.

I strongly recommend it, and would be watching it right now, but I left it in Ireland when I was home last.

Based on the other movies you have liked, I think you would enjoy this.

Maddzy wrote:
    I liked Appleseed, was a good action movie and the plot was ok. It did get a bit boring. Did you watch some dodgey fansub or something?

There have been two animated movies called Appleseed, both based on the comic book series by Masamune shirow. The first was made in the 1980s at some point and is generally regarded as the worst dub ever made.

The second was the much more enjoyable Appleed (2004) noted for its computer genrated cel shading effects, intense action sequeces, sound track, and complete lack of characterisation. Hotomi and Yoshi are particularally dull compared to thier comic book equivalents. The movie is fun action movie, if that's all you're looking for.

Other then movies.....i really like Paranoia Agent and Naruto. =)

XD

Paranoia Agent is fantastic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭elpresdentde

coyboy bebop
    ghost in the shell sac
    fma
    last exile
    boondocks
    samurai champoo
    trigun
    helsing