Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

New Dodge Challenger 2008

Options
  • 12-07-2006 7:15am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 602 ✭✭✭

I just saw this in July's Autocar magazine.
    It's the first new car I've seen in a long time that gave me the motoring horn. Probably because it looks so much like the original, just freshened up.

2008_dodge_challenger_concept.jpg

An expected price tag of $30,000! Well, I doubt that's going to translate into €23,500 but even so, it means it might not have to stay a wet dream.

http://www.allpar.com/cars/dodge/challenger.html
    The two-door model Challenger takes many cues from the 1970 model (the most sought after by collectors), including floating headlights, ribbed black seating, a hood with black trim, a 6.1-liter Hemi engine with six-speed manual transmission and a pistol grip shifter, and the general look and feel; designers had a 1970 model in the studio as they created a concept. "We wanted to do a muscle coupe that connects with the American heritage," said Tom Tremont, Vice President—Advance Product Design, "but instead of merely re-creating that car, the designers endeavored to build a Challenger most people see in their mind's eye—a vehicle without the imperfections like the old car’s tucked-under wheels, long front overhang and imperfect fits. As with all pleasurable memories, you remember the good and screen out the bad."

The designers considered the essential attributes of a muscle car to be distinctly American; mega horsepower; pure, minimal, signature lines; aggressive air-grabbing grille; and bold colors and graphics.

The signature side view accent line is higher up on the body, running horizontal through the fender and door and kicking up just forward of the rear wheel. The upper and lower body surfaces intersect and fall away along this line, which has just a whisper of the original car’s curved surfacing. “We wanted to stay pure,” said Castiglione, “with simple, minimal line work, but with everything just right.”

Better wallpaper photos here:
    http://www.motortrend.com/multimedia/wallpaper/112_0602_dodge_challenger_concept_wallpaper/

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Diddy Kong

6.1 litre engine, what sort of milage do you get with that over here? :rolleyes: Sweet car though...me dreams on

• Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭qazz

I love those cars... Mustangs, Camaros, Chargers, Challengers, GTOs... From 60-70s and the newest versions... :D

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeettttt!!!! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

The more impractical and ridiculous, the more fun it is :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭Mickk

Yea I have had that car as my wallpaper on the computer since jan when it was unveiled. Look for a picture of the back its really sexy with the brake light all around the dodge logo. It will probably have the same valve shut off system as the 300c which can give mid 20's mpg... There is even a 300c taxi in dublin!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,084 ✭✭✭dubtom

That taxi is the grd version, 3 litre merc engine so probably not so bad on fuel. The side view of the challenger looks a lot like the 300 to me, same low strung roof and windows.At $30000 I think we are still looking at a 50K+ price tag over here, if it ever gets here that is.Actually scrape that, that 300 grd taxi cost 62K, I cant see the challenger being cheaper.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭Matt Simis

dbfarrell wrote:
    6.1 litre engine, what sort of milage do you get with that over here? :rolleyes: Sweet car though...me dreams on

Afaik the Mustang 4L+ gets 25MPG (Imperial, not US) here, they arent as bad n fuel as the engine size would imply. Not as powerful as the engine size would imply either. :) However, really like the 21st century take on Muscle cars so far, though the weakest I would say is the new Dodge Charger (not the Challenger tho!).

Matt

• Registered Users Posts: 2,423 ✭✭✭pburns

dubtom wrote:
    That taxi is the grd version, 3 litre merc engine so probably not so bad on fuel. The side view of the challenger looks a lot like the 300 to me, same low strung roof and windows.At $30000 I think we are still looking at a 50K+ price tag over here, if it ever gets here that is.Actually scrape that, that 300 grd taxi cost 62K, I cant see the challenger being cheaper.

Dubtom, I know you're a taxi driver so you should have some info on thiks...I've seen that 300C around town.

You mean it's REALLY a taxi!!!!!!:eek:

I'd assumed it was a Michael o'Leary, ged-outta-me-way type that owned it...

• Registered Users Posts: 73,455 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

300C is around the same price as a 525D, and is hardly a supercar.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,084 ✭✭✭dubtom

pburns wrote:
    Dubtom, I know you're a taxi driver so you should have some info on thiks...I've seen that 300C around town.

You mean it's REALLY a taxi!!!!!!:eek:

I'd assumed it was a Michael o'Leary, ged-outta-me-way type that owned it...

Yea, guy who owns it works the airport.

• Advertisement
Advertisement