Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I Think I'll Vote...

Options
  • 12-07-2006 7:58am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 277 ✭✭

I've have never voted in any general elections ever. But the amount of incompetence and lack of forethought/planning into anything shown by the current government, almost makes me want to get up of my arse, register, and add one extra vote to get those bunch of muppets out of office. Of course the possibility of another bunch of idiots coming into power is quite high, but the fact is, I've had enough of the current policies (esp. motoring & health) and its time for a new start. Or am I only codding myself ? :eek:

Who would you vote for? 7 votes

Fine Gael
    0% 0 votes
    PD's
    28% 2 votes
    Labour
    0% 0 votes
    Sinn Fein
    28% 2 votes
    Greens
    0% 0 votes
    Fianna Fail
    28% 2 votes
    Other
    14% 1 vote

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Jules

well mex do the right thing and get up off your behindy and vote you shouldnt complains about the state of the government or the country if you dont do anything to make it change......

god i sound like my dad to me like 5 years ago!!!! help!!!!

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,804 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

Polls are not allowed on this forum. I can't figure out how to close the poll on its own, so I'm closing the thread instead for the time being.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

Paul I have closed the poll.
    Tis easy, top right of the poll you'll see "edit poll"

There's a little box under the poll which you can tick to close it.
    Anyway, you can open the thread again if you wish.

Cheers Anna - I don't have that option, for some reason.

/wanders off to try to find Ecksor...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 277 ✭✭Mexicola

Yep, go ahead and make a pigs mickey of this thread.

This was originally posted under the After Hours forum so that I could post a poll.!! I know it has a politcial aspect but then there are threads on After Hours that are more suited to Motors, Personal Issues etc etc... This is a pretty general poll and not meant to influence anybody's opinions.
    :confused:

• Advertisement

I know it was posted in AH; I know that polls are allowed there. Now that it's in Politics, the poll is no longer allowed and is closed.

The thread can continue; the poll can't. Carry on.

Fair enough so.
    Mexicola wrote:
    This was originally posted under the After Hours forum so that I could post a poll.!! I know it has a politcial aspect but then there are threads on After Hours that are more suited to Motors, Personal Issues etc etc...

Why was it moved then?

You'll have to ask WhiteWashMan that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭Jackie laughlin

I sometimes - well frequently - find the management of this site very inflexible and authoritarian.

Anyway, the point I really wanted to make was that I was troubled by the assumption at the top that what we needed was not a political change of direction but better mangement at government level. (FF and the PDs are very good at what they do: transfer wealth to the better off, while arguing that it makes us all that little bit richer.) The most disappointing thing I've heard recently was Pat Rabbite saying we should change government because the present one was tired and ineffectual, or words to that effect.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

Mexicola wrote:
    Why was it moved then?

Read the bloody AH stickies. Next time you post in AH just so "you can have a poll" you will get a ban. Post in the correct forum in future please or don't bother posting it at all.

Apologies to the Politics mods for having to do this here.

• Advertisement

nesf wrote:
    Read the bloody AH stickies. Next time you post in AH just so "you can have a poll" you will get a ban. Post in the correct forum in future please or don't bother posting it at all.

Unbelievable. A simple thread and all this shíte. I wouldnt mind but if the content was offensive in any way, I would agree with ye mods. But ye are coming across as a bunch of unhelpful facists. :mad: I didnt post in AH for the sole reason of placing a poll, but the fact that is it not allowed in Politics, leaves me with little option. Do you have any other forums in mind? What started my thread was some articles in AH that got me riled up about the government, and hence a continuation of some opinions. I figured a poll was suitable to the thread and so posted it.

I dont normally get riled up about this stuff and carry on questioning, but this is bullshít.

You're right, this is bullsh*t. Thread closed.

Message to everyone: read the damn rules.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement