Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Washing machine stopped mid wash

Options
  • 12-07-2006 9:18am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 279 ✭✭

Hi - I have a Hotpoint Aquarius WD 240 washer/dryer combined. It's about 10 months old and I bought it new from Power City in Coolock. I was doing a wash a couple of days ago, and after the wash finished I put it onto dry for 60 minutes. When I got up next day it had started another wash, but it was stuck. The On/off light and 2 other lights were flashing. It's now half full with water and no matter what I do it won't open or drain or finish off the wash! I've tried putting it to another wash and restarting, I've tried setting it to drain but nothing works. I left it switched off overnight but when I turned it on again it does the same thing.

Does anyobne know what might be causing this? I don't have the receipt for it but it's definitely less than a year since I bought it, so would Power City have records of the purchase, and will they replace it if it's faulty?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 387 ✭✭css

It's probably blocked.. check the drain hatch for tissues, etc..

• Registered Users Posts: 24,995 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

aka_Ciaran wrote:
    will they replace it if it's faulty?

If it is under guarantee they are obliged to repair it but AFAIK they are not obliged to replace it unless they decide so.

As css said it's probably just blocked.

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭De_man

i've the same system just checked the manual

it states

are the drain hose, standpipe or undersink connections blocked?
    has "rinse hold" option being selected? if so, press the rinse hold button

try those, if no luck call hotpoint on 1850 302-200 they should be able to help you

a pint of plain is yer only man

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,685 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

Power City always take customer details for big purchases, so they should have a record on the till.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Eurorunner

I find UK Whitegoods good for this sort of thing. Its a forum for service repair people - with a public access section for queries such as yours. Give it a try.

• Advertisement
Advertisement