Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flowers, Good Value + Good Quality?

Options
  • 12-07-2006 9:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭

Galwegians

Can anyone recommend a good flower shop in Galway City that is decent enough quality (as in flowers dont wither as you walk out the door) and also doesnt leave a hole in your pocket the size of the grand canyon!!!

The usual florist i go to can be good some days and dire the next and so im not going to take that chance

Any recommendations welcome

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭padi89

http://www.galway.net/galwayguide/shop/bycategory/flowers/

Take your pick.Your best bet is to go in yourself and see whats on display ,if they are fresh, or so you can pick and choose.If you know what fresh fruit looks like then you should have an idea what fresh flowers should look like.
    Over the phone is going to be hit and miss.
    Say how much you want to spend and they will make up a bouquet for the price.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,594 ✭✭✭forbairt

for a walk in grab a bunch of flowers ... I think aldi is not bad .. :) not exactly for a special occassion ... but :)

edit: and I can see every girl going .. you cheap cheap bax tard :D

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

I got flowers from the place on Kirwans Lane. Paid 20 and got a massive bunch that looked worth twice the money. Well worth it imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭galwaygirleen

Your right its hard to get a decent bunch any where really in Galway. Aldi are actually quite good if ya can near the place. The best bet i found myself is the market on a saturday!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭3greenrizla's

The best bet i found myself is the market on a saturday!!!

Mrs Rizla also buys flowers in the market - you have to be there early though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭Fey!

Yes Flowers on Cross St/Kirwans Lane does fantastic arrangements. Not the cheapest in the world, though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,349 ✭✭✭nobodythere

\some nice flower place on middle street that might not still exist

• Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭Fey!

That place that was on Middle Street was Yes Flowers, which is now on Cross Street.

Advertisement