Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Quick Park

Options
  • 12-07-2006 9:49am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 269 ✭✭

Hi Guys,

I might be using this carpark on Friday but the online booking system is down, what are my chances of actually getting a space, and does anyone know if I can pay when I park or do I have to pay on exit.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭masterK

I'd say you'll be lucky to get a space, was out there on a Friday a few weeks back and they were turning away all cars. I'd booked so was lucky. It was around 9:45 am.

As far as I know you pay on exit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭Firewalkwithme

Keep checking the website - they turn off the booking system when it gets full but might reopen it before Friday. I wouldn't bother turning up without booking, tried it recently with no joy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 269 ✭✭Jood

Thanks for that, hoping to get there about half 7 so I might get lucky.

Another question sorry, do you have to pay by credit card or can you pay with cash.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,993 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Jood wrote:
    Hi Guys,

I might be using this carpark on Friday but the online booking system is down, what are my chances of actually getting a space, and does anyone know if I can pay when I park or do I have to pay on exit.

Thanks

It is more profitable to work a "first come - first serve" system that may explain why the system is down. They are thinking of getting rid of it anyway.

Getting a space depends on what time you arrive as the car park in almost constantly full. The worst time to arrive is between 6am and 11am as very few people have returned yet to free up spaces. The early birds who arrive around 4 and 5 am will get any available spaces from the night before. You are virtually guaranteed to get a space if you arrive between 6pm and 6am as many customers have returned and exited.

You pay (cash/credit card) at the exit of the carpark when you return (not in terminal).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

Just so people are aware, the staff at Quick Park have been turning people away and sending them to Block A of the airport car park saying that it's a long term carpark. It's not, it is a short term park at 30 quid per day.

Lot's of people have been duped by this and then blame the airport staff for mis-informing them when they find that they're being charged at short term rates for 2 weeks of parking. Airport staff are sympathetic but cannot do anything about it - you've been warned, the entries are clearly marked "Short Term" and the charges are on display at the entrance.

Also, Quick Park tickets are not accepted in the airport pay machines. Obvious to most I know but there are those who like to complain about this. The coach to take you back to Quick Park departs and arrives at the back of the multistorey carpark and is clearly marked QuickPark, the busses are white.

ZEN

ZENER wrote:
    Just so people are aware, the staff at Quick Park have been turning people away and sending them to Block A of the airport car park saying that it's a long term carpark. It's not, it is a short term park at 30 quid per day.

Lot's of people have been duped by this and then blame the airport staff for mis-informing them when they find that they're being charged at short term rates for 2 weeks of parking. Airport staff are sympathetic but cannot do anything about it - you've been warned, the entries are clearly marked "Short Term" and the charges are on display at the entrance.

Also, Quick Park tickets are not accepted in the airport pay machines. Obvious to most I know but there are those who like to complain about this. The coach to take you back to Quick Park departs and arrives at the back of the multistorey carpark and is clearly marked QuickPark, the busses are white.

ZEN

Just to add to the confusion:

DAA occasionally convert short term car park C into a long term when they are running out of space. They usually redirect traffic entering the Red Car park to it.

DAA opened a further 2034 spaces in the Blue long term car park at Harristown last Saturday at 4am. They have named them Y and Z. Very clever since there is already a Y and Z in the Red. (I know they have run out of letters but they could have used A,B or C which are usually short term).

Ah lads ye're making me really nervous now, I havent parked up there before, Im coming from Limerick which airport car park is nearest for me coming from that direction.

Just to add to the confusion:

DAA occasionally convert short term car park C into a long term when they are running out of space. They usually redirect traffic entering the Red Car park to it.

Not entirely accurate. They change entry 4 and 5 (no longer open due to alterations) to long term entries where the tickets will be read by the pay machines as long term. Where you park once through these entries doesn't matter although you are "encouraged" to park in Block C by signs. This only happens during off season periods where opening the Blue zone isn't viable but the red zone is at capacity, i.e. bank holiday weekends etc..
    DAA opened a further 2034 spaces in the Blue long term car park at Harristown last Saturday at 4am. They have named them Y and Z. Very clever since there is already a Y and Z in the Red. (I know they have run out of letters but they could have used A,B or C which are usually short term).

A,B & C are short term carparks plus the Blue zone park uses Blue tickets and the Red zone uses Red tickets, easy to distinguish and the bus driver will check when you board.

ZEN

Jood wrote:
    Ah lads ye're making me really nervous now, I havent parked up there before, Im coming from Limerick which airport car park is nearest for me coming from that direction.

If you haven't pre-booked Quick Park or if they are full on arrival then the Blue zone is the closest to the Ballymun Exit from the M50. A coach will take you from there to the terminal.

ZEN

• Advertisement

Jood wrote:

The Blue Long Term at Harristown (Zones U V W X Y Z). Take junction 4 (Ballymun) off M50 and left at top of slip road. Blue is about 1 mile on left - well signposted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,585 ✭✭✭HelterSkelter

It is always full lately any time I try to use it. I usually arrive around 6:30pm on a Friday evening. The online booking has been down cosntantly for weeks now. It really pains me to have to pay €8 per day to DAA robbing bástards.

ZENER wrote:
    you are "encouraged" to park in Block C by signs.

That's what I meant.

Blue zone park uses Blue tickets and the Red zone uses Red tickets, easy to distinguish and the bus driver will check when you board.

Many passengers do not have the ticket when asked by the driver. (I know they are supposed to - especially in the Blue and Green as you can't pay in car park)

Thanks lads ye've been a great help.

€8 per day to DAA

€8.50 ?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

wow either im lucky or its a lot busier than it used to be!!!
    I used it a load of times over the last 2 years (though not so much in the last year).

Never seen it full, always got a space.. much much better service than DAA and a fraction of the price!!

I guess thats why its so full now :D

Could always take your chances and park the car in santry (for free) down the road and get a bus up :D

Only do that if its only overnight or you do not care about the car though :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,622 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Maybe that's why it's going up to 6 Euro a day from 5 as at 10/07/06 :(

SO just to totally confuse matters, if you arrive at QPARK and get turned away, where do you go for 2 weeks car parking then?

okidoki987 wrote:
    Maybe that's why it's going up to 6 Euro a day from 5 as at 10/07/06 :(

SO just to totally confuse matters, if you arrive at QPARK and get turned away, where do you go for 2 weeks car parking then?

DAA - they have about 22,000 spaces - Quickpark is private (4,000 spaces).

You have to use the airport carpark at 2.50 extra per day.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

for 2 weeks? Either go to DAA long term and take out a loan to cover the cost.. or leave the car at home. public transport is cheaper or get a friend, family member to bring you.

• Advertisement

It is always full lately any time I try to use it. I usually arrive around 6:30pm on a Friday evening. The online booking has been down cosntantly for weeks now. It really pains me to have to pay €8 per day to DAA robbing bástards.

So take the bus !

DAA are not the only carpark who charge this amount.

Knock Airport: €8.00 per day

Heathrow Airport: ST£10 per day

Liverpool - John Lennon - Airport: ST£15.90 to £16.50 per day

London City Airport: ST£20.00 per day

Now quit yer moaning and try to understand that not everything that Michael O'Leary says is truth.

ZEN

Saruman wrote:
    for 2 weeks? Either go to DAA long term and take out a loan to cover the cost.. or leave the car at home. public transport is cheaper or get a friend, family member to bring you.

A staggering amount of passengers use the short term as a long term. At €30 per day = €420 for two weeks. :eek: My sister in law does it to save her the 'bother' of getting a shuttle bus!!! The amount of money in the country.....

Knock Airport is €8 per day but only €22 per week so thats not bad. Although getting from Limerick to Dublin on Public Transport would be expensive as well so might as well just drive.

€420 thats nuts compared with the 120 in the long term, now that really is throwing money away.

ZENER wrote:
    So take the bus !

Now quit yer moaning and try to understand that not everything that Michael O'Leary says is truth.

ZEN

Some of those have a declining rate the longer you park.

e.g. Liverpool is £31.90 for a week and £47.90 for two weeks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,585 ✭✭✭HelterSkelter

ZENER wrote:
    So take the bus !

ZEN

Well if Quickpark can charge €5 a day and make a profit then it looks like the DAA are overpriced. Do you agree?

Well I agree I think its really expensive, they know you see that many of us have no other option than to pay so they get away with it.

Jood wrote:
    Well I agree I think its really expensive, they know you see that many of us have no other option than to pay so they get away with it.

And if your battery is flat, vehicle lost or any other minor problems, the callout out rate is €40 as they contracted the AA to do it. ('free' to members). It used to be free then €10. I can't think of any other organisation that would increase some four times what it was.

(Free jumpstart or vehicle search in Quickpark!).

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Weird, any time I've used quick park in the past I've never booked... Just showed up and parked? That said, I've never used it during the summer holiday season. I'd normally get a bus to the airport anyways, it pains me to hand over so much money to park a car!

Stephen wrote:
    it pains me to hand over so much money to park a car!

It's often cheaper than getting a taxi. Public transport isn't feasible if you arrive back from holidays at 3am with a young family or if you live in a rural area not served by bus.

• Advertisement

And if your battery is flat, vehicle lost or any other minor problems, the callout out rate is €40 as they contracted the AA to do it. ('free' to members). It used to be free then €10. I can't think of any other organisation that would increase some four times what it was.

(Free jumpstart or vehicle search in Quickpark!).

Aer Rianta used to pay a private contractor to provide this service to it's customers. This was changed to AA as people complained of the contractor. AA charges 40 euro NOT DAA.

That said I personally always carry a set of leads in my van and will help anyone out of a fix if asked - FOC. I've also driven people around the park to help them find their car for up to an hour because they had ignored the signs telling them where to park. One guy had lost his ticket and after 30 minutes remembered he wasn't in the Red zone but had in fact parked in Quick Park - I drove him there - FOC.

This is one area where I agree they could perhaps do more. Though keep in mind Quickpark is one small carpark with 4000 spaces, we have to service 5 carparks spread over a much wider area with a lot more spaces. But there are a lot more staff in DAA to help if you get lost or stuck.

ZEN

Advertisement